Help with shipping costs

I received a nonquoted shipping order and someone placed an order where the shipping calculated was only $2 (far below what I will have to pay for shipping). Would someone please help me understand how this happened and advise how to change this please?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well depending on what the buyer bought, maybe the piece have wrong data, and might be smaller or lighter than in real life, making the system think it only need a small shipping maybe ?
  • The shipping rate is based upon how you setup your shipping bands... since you are also US, my guess is you have a typo in a price for that band and weight/size that order used, as BO will only offer what you enter.

That seems the likely culprit to me, as none of us can ship anywhere in the US for $2, even at our commercial base price.

Once I had a huge boo-boo in my Overnight band - a lucky person got an overnight order shipped for $2.67. My fumble fingers had typed that instead of $42.67 into my rate table. Plus side, I wrote it off my taxes, so no harm/no foul, but super annoying and certainly reduced my limited profit overall by that amount.