Use the proper shipping address

If you are a store owner, please use the proper shipping address. If you have questions about the shipping address, please contact the customer before you ship the order to the billing address if such address is different than the shipping address.
If the shipping address changes, please confirm with the customer that this is the proper shipping address. Please don't assume that you know the right address to send someone's order to. There might be a reason why a customer provided a different shipping address then the billing address. That customer might live in a high crime area, or may not be home during the week and has provided a different shipping address to ensure the safety of the delivery.
I haven't ever had a problem with a store using the wrong address in the last 5 years until recently. But I feel the need to reinforce the customer perspective.
That's all. Thanks .

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Drewdrive I'm sorry to hear this happened to you! Please know that the vast majority of BO sellers do exactly as you say, as BO terms dictate we sellers ship to the address you provide on the BO order, not any other.

It could be that your seller truly did not notice the shipping address differed from what was defaulting on their postage-generation system (e.g., if you paid via PayPal and the store prints postage via PayPal), as an example. We are all supposed to check for that. Not an awesome thing to happen obviously, but I'm sure it was unintentional due to BO terms.

Hopefully you have messaged them directly so they can learn from the experience and do better down the road. I know I appreciate it VERY much when customers let me know when I err so I can continuously improve! :-)

Be well!
  • I always order to a different address from the billing address and in addition I separatly write a request to place a phone number on the package.

Mostly there are no issues with this and most of the sellers follow those requests and instructions, but there are unfortunately stores that tend to ignore those requests. Therefor I have made it quite clear that I will request a refund if there is no phone number nor proof that a phone number has been placed clearly on the parcel. I have had cases where I see from local postal office that a parcel has been forwarded to me, but since no phone number was present, then it has been lost to some amass of small parcels. There is a separate process for small parcels and sometimes they get lost and come out after a month or two (if it is found). Sometimes I get the parcel within a month and if I don't, then I request a refund. In comparison, if a phone number is present, then I get the parcel in a week or two.

I see that this is in the interest of the seller to ensure from their side to make everything as requested as otherwise they would mostly be held responsible, if the parcel doesn't reach the buyer.
  • @Drewdrive ... How did the package get shipped to the wrong address? Is your address in your BrickOwl account different than what is in your PayPal account?
  • @Papa Pearson , yes I specifically made sure that all my addresses were updated before I made any new orders after my break from getting moved and situated.
    Had already made a couple orders from other stores and haven't had a problem.
    The seller indicated that they had a problem using Post office boxes.
    From now on I will clearly make statements on the comments to be sure that they ship to the PO box which is the shipping address provided which was provided on the last order.
    Unfortunately I've been getting circled by the post office as well because I'm getting two different stories from both sides that one says the package was miss delivered and the other says the post office told them that the package was delivered to the proper address.
    Had the double checked for the shipping address and sent it to the proper shipping address this wouldn't have been an issue but it seems appropriate now that measures need to be taken to update the system. But in the meantime I'm still out $70 and so is the store owner and the post office doesn't want to admit their incompetency for not handling the situation better or misplacing the package or whatever the case might be.
  • @Drewdrive am curious, was this ever resolved? If not, has the seller refunded you since they did not use the provided shipping address? Or are you both waiting to see how this falls out still?
  • @drewdrive Going forward, you may want to look into USPS street addressing service where you can use the post office's physical address plus your PO box number instead of your physical address or the PO Box number. The situation here is I live in a town with one zip code, but am serviced by another PO within the same town with a different zip. So there is a perpetual mixup with the town names, zip codes, street address and so on. The USPS street addressing thing works, if your PO is offering it.

https://www.usps.com/pobox/customer-agreement-for-premium-po-box-service-enhancements.pdf