DD bricks DHL scam

so this february i bought lego from DD bricks and then when the tax option came it charged me 50 percent of the order price i am asking for a refund and they declined it pls see this DD bricks

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why do you not write directly to the store ?
    You can do so on the front page of the shop!
  • If you have been charged import tax by DHL, that would likely be as a result of the country you are importing into and would not be the responsbility of the store, or a scam by the store.
  • Duties and taxes are always the buyer's responsibility.
  • I've bought from DD Bricks more than once and I am aware that duties will be applied due to the fact that they are not a member of EU. That is always responsibility of the buyer...
  • Sometimes it is a matter of the total SUM, so just a suggestion for the future - maybe find out, what is the maximum SUM that can be handled without duties nor taxes and then just make multiple orders. Yes, there would be multiple transportation costs, but usually the transportation is cheaper than the taxes and duties...
  • I have bought from DDBricks multiple times over the years - (they used DHL to deliver to me also, who are a huge, highly credible international shipping company). I promise you, DDBricks is a proper, communicative store.

I highly recommend you reach out to them directly, BUT I think fellow EU members above (I'm US, so thankfully haven't had to deal with this) are giving you great advice, @piyush jamdade !

Import fees are on the buyer in the EU, I do know that much. You would be in this situation from any store you buy from in their country due to your local laws. :-(
  • They are not always on the buyer. For orders under 150€ the VAT should be collected at the time of the sale. If any seller choses not to register for IOSS, the customer will have to pay the delivery or customs agent to access their goods.
    Now I don't know if the order was above or below 150€.
  • I buy from them all the time. I love his/her prices!
  • @129samot that is true, if the buyer was in Europe.
    But as far as I can tell he is in India, and I don't the same rules apply :smile: