How to get new orders

Hey everyone, I have recently opened my store over there, and one very nice person helped me and decided to order something from my shop, and I have question for everyone else, how to get a new orders, if there is so much huge shops.
Thank you in advance everyone!! :)

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am afraid its a waiting game.I have had a little look and my advice would be to start building up stock. More stock - more orders :)
    Good luck
  • As with other stuff in life. Commercials :-D
    Normally i talk about my store many places. I have links on my facebook profile, i sell some sets on facebook markedplace, again with links to my shop page. I sell sets on a danish wares page, like ebay.
    I have printed small cards with my shoppage and link that i casually have with me everywhere i go, and then leave at the store i buy food, or the local pizza place.

I could go on but i hope you get the point :-)
  • All right I will make my stock bigger, as well as making some commercials, thank you very much for your advice!
  • FYI, bigger stock is what got my attention at the moment. THe more the marrier. Usually I look for some specific part that I'm in need at the moment and then go from there. If the store has conciderable amount of other spares that I'm looking for, then it is mostly a green light. If the store has only few (less than 10) other things that I'm looking for, then I'll most likely skip it due to the transportation costs being unreasonable for the amount of pieces that I would get...

PS! Your transportation costs are tempting at the moment, so that is another good thing. You should have order pouring in quite fast =).
  • Alright, thank you so much, I will add more parts, I am already waiting for another bunch of legos :)
  • Okay, need help on some smart people here =). I want to place an order to S0l0kors store, but regarding the transportation I have my own ways in the Baltics. But despite S0l0kor having enable the request quote option, I can only select from transportation methods with costs and I can't request a quote where we could settle for free transportation and I would arrange the transportation myself. How can we do that?
  • I can not choose quote as well. So are you sure it is enabled ?
  • I think it is a default option on the quote setting:
    Only show if no other method available
    This is useful for the shipping quote to make it only available if no other shipping method is available

So if you have another option, the quote option won't be shown.

@s0l0kr maybe you can turn that of for a short while.
    It's in the request a quote option in your shipping options
  • But I've been able to order stuff from other sellers with other transportation options as well via quota or something... Somehow I have been able to order without paying for the transportation to the seller...
  • @P6tu it is not you that needs to adjust something :)
    It is @s0l0kr that has to do it

And why it is turned on for me and probably him and not others?
    I really don't know, maybe they had run in to it before, or I have turned that on myself (can't remember)
  • @P6tu @BasKrie @Malnaborg wait what I should do, I need some help with it so he can place an order
  • You can turn the quota off by yourself, if you want.

So yes s010kr
    look at this to see your options:
    On the menu, click into "my store"
    Then on the next lower menu, click on "settings"
    next new lower menu, click on "shipping"

Then you should have the view of your different shipping methods, one of them should be "request a quote" - over to the right of the screen you can see the "status" and if it says Disabled / Enabled

If it is DISABLED, then you have your answer.