technic set 8062

Hi been clearing out a loft and have come across an old technic set 8062.
Not sure if it is complete yet but trying to find out how much this would be worth.
It has instructions (bit worn) and the original brief case.
Any ideas please

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Also have found a booklet numbered 8891 - for this I have no clue?
    Any ideas please
  • 8891 is a Technic ideas booklet (so doesn't correspond to a particular set) that doesn't seem to have a catalog entry here. It might be worth trying to create a new entry as it seems books are now able to be sold here.

As for the set, if no price history is present yet on BO, I take a look at BL. I try to replicate the condition of the set and my store settings, so, for example is the set complete but used, are there UK stores selling it in that same condition, and if so do any of them have no minimum purchase. You can also check their six monthly price history for averages, but I tend to err on the side of caution as Used could be without box and/or instructions and there's no way of knowing just how complete the set was.

If none of this helps, I'll use BO's inventory cost estimation (seen on the inventory tab), but again exercise caution as these can be wildly different.

I can't remember if Brickset and Rebrickable also have pricing information so may be worth checking them too, and I think there are other LEGO sites that give historical values.
  • @Jay37 - once again great advice. To be honest I didn't think of looking on Bricklink. Yes they do have sets there so will try and build it up and take it from there. Many thanks again for your advice always spot on :)