Help needed with Canada post

Order was shipped from Netherlands to Canada. Apparently there was no house number, I did not notice because a number was present, but that turns out to be the street number :smile:

Buyer has got a text message from Canadian Post (best guess) that the package (which is actually a bubble mailer without track and trace) could not be delivered due to the missing house number.
PostNL can't (won't) do anything to let me add the number.

Is there any way the buyer can contact Canadian Post to get the correct number added and get the order delivered?
Or maybe an option to pick it up at a Postal point?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Your buyer could try and visit the postal office where the package is held
  • That would be an option, but there is no info about that.
    I haven't seen the message myself, but according to the buyer it only states it can not be delivered because of the missing house number, nothing more :(
  • I'm a bit confused... if it didn't have track and trace, I have absolutely no idea how the buyer could get a text message from Canada Post, and I'll be honest, I've NEVER heard of that... ever. Seems a bit fishy... Canada Post doesn't do any kind of tracking whatsoever on items that do not have a full international track and trace on it. RM where it tracks in your original country also doesn't track within Canada. And I have never heard of Canada Post sending SMS alerts for anything (unless you signed up for the delivery alerts, which I think is primarily through an app. And again - for tracked packages only).

Please ensure that you log it as an "Order Not Received" issue so that if it is something more nefarious, that after a couple it'll flag as a warning for sellers.
  • Was their phone number supplied on the shipping paperwork? Otherwise how would CP get their number? And has any other Canadian ever been contacted by CP if there is an address issue. Usually it's just send the letter back to origin and have the sender sort out the issue with our postal service.
  • Buyer was as surprised as you are (and I was).
    Thought first that it was a scam. But since it did not ask for info (or payment) that would not make sense.
    And I don't think the buyer means any wrong doing, the house number is indeed missing