US sellers: USPS files to replace First Class packaging service with new USPS Ground Advantage

This article came through on my news feed yesterday, and I thought I would share it in case nobody else had seen it. Official USPS statement here: https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2023/0210-usps-ground-advantage-product-and-pricing-simplicity.htm

This would go into effect Summer 2023 (I would guess at the same time as the semi-annual rate change).

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • How would this affect costs? Or would it?
  • I'm not sure. USPS hasn't set their summer rate changes. The article leads me to believe rates might be unchanged, perhaps even fall a little. I have both First Class and Parcel Ground options now, so I'll probably have to change/merge those settings with new weight bands and shipping options. I expect other US sellers will have to do the same. Hopefully the net result will be positive.
  • Well this oughta be interesting - I imagine most of use First Class Parcel Service. Like Heartland, I have the two options above now with Parcel Ground rates kicking in when the package hits 1 pound. I would not mind maintaining one band vs. the two, but I very much hope the under 1 pound items stay CHEAP. I guess we'll see!