Cancelled order - items returned to inventory

Hi,

Due to the recent issues with the Royal Mail a customer overseas elected to cancel their order rather than wait. No problem, cancelled the order and the refund went through.

Now, I may have missed something, but how does the stock (which was never picked in the first place so is still physically where it is) get back into my inventory? I assume there was a tick box to check that I missed.

I only ask as while picking another order that was going to clear me out of a particular item I realised I still had another 15 in stock! A check on the item history confirmed what had happened.

Have I know got to manually adjust things (annoying but luckily not a big order so not overly time-consuming), or is there a quicker way?

Thanks
James

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The tick boxes are on the 'cancel order' form. Unless you're using BrickSync or some other tool that creates a .bsx file of every order, you likely will need to adjust your stock manually now.
  • @Hoddie Thanks, I'll get it sorted later. I wondered if by cancelling on the mobile view the tick boxes weren't obvious on the vertical orientation...
  • As Hoddie says if you are using a sync program I would not use the tick box, just cancel and manually re-enter your stock. I got in a terrible mess some time back because I used the tick box to put items back into stock and the sync program I used made a right dogs dinner my inventory.
  • "if you are using a sync program I would not use the tick box", InSpaceSync doesn't have this issue, it lets you edit inventory on either site and sync it. There is one catch tho, you should run a sync after returning a cancelled order to your inventory before items are sold again, else the item quantities will be incorrect. This is usually not a problem because it syncs every 10 minutes.

In case it does go wrong you can track the items history in the audit log and rollback the changes.
  • InSpace account is mine for testing, didn't notice I was using the wrong account.