Data nightmare

Is there any way you could either simplify the amount of order data that is downloaded, or make it user selectable?

Every three months, I have to submit sales tax, and at end of year file federal taxes.

The downloaded file contains at least 70% redundant and/or unnecessary data and is actually missing one line that is important, namely order total excluding tax. Looking at one specific order that amount is shown, yet in the download file it isn't.

Reconciling BrickOwl data takes 3 -4 times longer than that of BL.

Thanks Graham

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would upvote adding the field for order total excluding tax... and certainly there is some redundant data I wouldn't mind getting rid of, but I do have all my work automated using Excel macros, searching specific columns etc., to copy only applicable data to my sales tax tab (then automatically populating my sales tax form fields - I still have to download and fill in California's PDF file, but at least I have the data for every field already calced for me, it's just typing or copy/paste). :-) Have you tried something like that?

I can get away with this because in CA, shipping and handling costs are not taxable, so the column showing the product total only (subtotal), has always worked for me - I key off that for several things.
This discussion has been closed.