Why do we have the function "request quota"

Hi everyone.

Quite simple as the topic writes, why do we have the possibility to request a quota, both as sellers and costumers.
For me personally when i shop for bricks, i instantly go away from the shops where i need to wait for a shipping cost.

I like it quick and easy when i do a shopping spree :-)
But just to make myself better in understanding this, what really is the function of this ?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

Just my five cents on this topic.
    As a buyer, then when buying parts and spares, then I also act the same that I tend to skip the ones with the shipping quote and only go with those who have the shipping price included.

But I understand the need and it is related to some type of shipping fees and maybe there isn't any good standardized pricing from the postal services or something (weight vs. dimensions). But then again, I may be wrong, but this is how I have understood it.

With regards
  • If I ever get around to listing my boxed sets on Brickowl to sell, I will likely use request a quote for buyers ordering more than one set at a time. I find it difficult enough to figure out the shipping bands, I can't imagine being able to set up the shipping information for a near-infinite amount of combinations of box sizes and weights if multiple sets are purchased.

But I can understand the desire for parts-only orders, it's probably easier to set up pure by-weight shipping information?