Customer receive the parcel, how long to wait for his update?

edited December 2022 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi BO members

Happy St-Nicolas!

Finally my first parcel has reached one of my customers now.

Do you know how long should we (the sellers) wait for an update and a feedback from the buyer when the parcel is notified as received?

DPD UK is having a confirmation with the person on a picture that the order is received that very parcel, that's quite new in deed. So shouldn't he update the status to be received within a day or 2 ?

The other point is about the feedback, would be interested hearing how we can request this. On BL that was quite "difficult" to get customer given feedback after receiving the parcel. Any advice?

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Don't expect all of your buyers to update the status or leave feedback, most won't bother. If you don't have any complaints assume it's received and all is ok.
  • There's no obligation on a customer to either mark the package received or leave feedback. I wouldn't worry too much - you have proof from DPD that it arrived safely (quite a few couriers take pictures to confirm this). I imagine most people don't know how to do this or can't be bothered or don't think it's necessary.

As far as feedback is concerned here on BO it runs between 20-30%, so you may only get it for one out of every four orders. Again, don't worry about it. It's great if they do, and always helps instil confidence for other potential customers, but you can't force someone to do so.
  • @Mrs Swoop and @Jay37 thanks a lot for your very fast feedback! My shop problem is that I have a unjust negative feedback I cannot get rid of, that might stop other buyer of doing transactions with me.

On BL, receiving feedback was also painful but at least buyer could see the number of sales generated by a shop, not sure if they can see this here.
  • I am afraid that you will have many orders where customers to not leave feedback or mark as received. I would say possibly less than 50% leave feedback even though they return time after time to my store. Its their choice - wish they would just mark their order as received though :p
  • @WESTIEKATH thanks very good to know this. Asking kindly them, but you right seems my customer do not want neither to write a feedback to help others closing the right shop.
  • @brickos One thing I would not recommend you do is chase buyers for feedback. It can come across as pestering and people can find it quite offputting.
  • @brickos Probably the better Suggestion is if there is a way the system may mark an order that has the tracking input into the shipping field (so that the transit movement on both yours and the buyer’s order page is now displayed in the box at the bottom ) as “Received” once that is logged by the delivery service.
    This is dependent on you using the edit to place the number in that field before marking the order as shipped. As for feedback, no matter how often a seller receives feedback, the best Goodwill is leaving feedback for each buyer.🙂
  • I'm not even sure some customers know that it is an option for them to do it. How many online purchases do you make and then go back and leave feedback after? Personally for me, I hardly ever - especially this time of year when most of my purchases are online it would just take up time responding to every purchase.
  • I leave feedback for every purchase I make on this site; I want this community to stay strong for as long as possible, so I show my sellers that I appreciate their efforts (above and beyond the money I send them!). While it's not feasible to expect every buyer and seller to leave feedback on every single transaction, it's a great way for the core users of this site to show their support.
  • I am afraid that you will have many orders where customers to not leave feedback or mark as received. I would say possibly less than 50%
  • @WESTIEKATH thanks very good to know, but on other selling platform, we can change the status to at least recieved, to help a bit.
  • @Oldfan Thanks this is very good as it shows also to potential customer that we get positive feedback and build a reputation too.