PayPal fee

It seems odd that some sellers reserve the right to a sum of x1.5 at PayPal to cover possible additional postage fees etc.. I don't think any one actually excercises this right, but e.g. when buying worth 200e and the shipping fee is, say 15e, the charged 330e would basically mean that you accept a shipping cost of 130e. The reserved extra sum should at the very highest be equivalent to the next shipping fee threshold, not exceed it. Doesn't sound right to me, one should know in advance before the decision of purchasing, and quotes exist in order to confirm the sum beforehand.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In paypal? I've never heard of that. Can you post a link to that information in Paypal?
  • Sellers are not allowed to add fees on Brick Owl beyond what they include in the shipping cost. If you request a shipping quote, I suppose a seller can add whatever fees they want, but you are free to decline. If a seller is trying to add fees after you have paid, that's not allowed, and you should consider letting Brick Owl know ("Contact Us" link at the bottom). I would also recommend leaving appropriate feedback about the seller.

If goods are €200 and the store's shipping charge is €15, you shouldn't be paying anything more than €215.

The only caveat I would add is that the seller is not responsible for import VAT/fees/charges unless those are included on the invoice.
This discussion has been closed.