Minimum order on store front

On my store front, it says my minimum order is $10.70. On the store dashboard it says $10.00.

My instate sales tax is 7%, but the minimum order should be computed prior to sales tax being applied. Can anyone shed light on what is happening, and why it might be correct or incorrect ?

Is this some existential computation involving how VAT works ? (Which should not be involved in any way here).

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It does include tax, so if someone from Florida was ordering, the minimum would be $10.70. If someone from a different state was ordering, after they have entered their address, the minimum order would show as $10. For me in the UK, with 20% VAT added, it shows as $12.
  • That explains why I’m seeing what I’m seeing.

The number shown is what you need in your shopping card (with tax, but before shipping) to permit an order to be created. The addition of the tax, at that step, is different from how other sites do it. Not so much right or wrong, but different.

My guess is this is the normal way it would appear for all sites in the UK.
  • Not only UK, Europe as well :)
    We don't like to see a price on the shelf label and at checkout getting a tax added to it. (that maybe so because VAT is mostly around 20% which is quite a large sum :smile: )
    So here, prices must always include taxes (VAT) to be shown, unless you are a B2B only shop, then you don't have to show included prices.

Some webshops make you choose on entering whether you are a B or C buyer to determine which prices to show.