Create a VAT free order option

Hi Lawrence,

It would be nice to have an option in BrickOwl to remove the VAT from an order and send a VAT free invoice, within Europe if both stores/companies have a valid VAT number and are not located in the same country.

If both stores have a valid VAT nr, it is allowed to send a 0% VAT invoice, see: https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontenten/belastingdienst/business/vat/vat_in_the_netherlands/vat_relating_to_purchase_and_sale_of_goods/export_from_the_netherlands_to_other_eu_countries_intra-community_supply/export_from_the_netherlands_to_other_eu_countries_intra-community_supply

I am aware that BrickOwl collects VAT at this moment, unless you've set your own VAT number.

Is this possible to implement this feature (or does it already exists)? Bricklink has this option for a long time already. To be honest, we haven't had any requests for a VAT free invoice in BrickOwl yet. Since we are thinking about also buying items using BrickOwl, VAT free orders would be very useful for us. If the number of BrickOwl buyers and sellers expand i think more and more (large) stores will find this useful.

Kind regards,
Rick

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you go to the tax settings section of your store settings, you can add a tax exemption for a specific user.
  • Wow, that's great! But this has to be done before placing an order, right? So we would have to contact stores, before placing an order then. Or can this also be done afterwards?
  • edited November 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, you would need to contact individual stores before ordering, and provide any relevant information so that they can check that it is okay to not charge VAT to you.
  • I did this for some customers, as Lawrence say just send a message to the store with your VAT details, when they add you then you can see and place the order without VAT