New seller

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this site when trying to sell some of my son's Lego sets and trying to set the price. As it happens some of the sets seems to be worth quite a bit more than I would have guessed, so I thought I'd give it a go here.

I have created a shop and put in some inventory and I think I have the basic settings figured out, but any tips on configuring the store is helpful. I haven't activated it yet, but plan on doing it soon, but would like it to be a as good as it can both for me as a seller and for buyers.

Another question, would it be frowned upon to make some sort of package deal for 10-15 sets with someone on this site (outside of a store) just to keep it simple since this would be a one-off sale of the Lego sets.

Any input is value able.

Thanks,

Joakim

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Joakim,

Welcome to Brick Owl! From my brief glance at your store it looks fine to me. Somebody in Sweden will have a better handle on domestic shipping, but request a quote for the rest of the world is fine and displays for me in the UK.

Obviously if the sets you have currently added are the only things you plan on selling then it may take a while to do so as it will require a demand and willingness to buy. As I have discovered, just because something is on a person's wishlist there is no guarantee they will ever go ahead and purchase!

As far as the package deal goes, I'm not sure. In the past some stores have offered their whole inventory for sale as they no longer wish to continue selling, but I don't know what the outcome was for any of these or what the process was. I suppose one way would be to offer all the sets at their listed price but give a very low cost shipping rate. This way you still keep things official regarding site commission (this is not levied against shipping costs), the price of each set would still contribute to the historical sales price, you sell quickly and the purchaser gets a better deal than buying individually.

I'm sure others will chip in, but hope this helps!

James