Negative feedback not being true and no possibilities to mark attitude when cancelled

Dear member of Brick Owl,

Herewith 2 suggestions :

1. Cancellation of wrong feedback not reflecting reality and misleading content
2. Notification of bullying and rude attitude : after 3 attempts, user should be banned?

I still on the learning curve on this site, but it looks so much simpler than our direct competitor. Got support immediately from an awesome team doing support. On an order being issued recently. Everybody can make mistakes.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel an order as the item listed was wrongly labelled, so the one of the sets was not available at all.

As a good fellow, I wrote to my customer about the situation and proposed:
- Discount voucher of 25%
- Money back for the missing item
- A free polybag from the inventory list as compensation
- and some Danish xmas candies as additional treat.

The only thing I've got in return was very rude emails calling me a liar and several other things, something I would spear you here. He was so cleaver to use his email and not the site to send all those charming messages, so I cannot use them as direct proof of bullying, support called me they have notified that somewhere. Support cannot tell anything to this user and won’t help.

He got completely refunded for his order as he couldn’t accept/comprehend what I was offering. I even recovered the paypal fees as an extra payment to him, which customer told me is an error as he got during cancellation all his money back.

On the top of all of this, I got very negative feedback telling a lie as I refunded him immediately and must get through a rain of written insults and humiliations. Cyber bullies should be stopped IMHO.

Shouldn’t we be able to delete such feedback, and shouldn’t we be able to let feedback as well, notifying other seller of that kind of person? As he got his money back and even more and he wrote to me that you deserve negative feedback.

I have blocked him and responded back, for those needing to block this user, reach out to me via private message.

would like to hear your advises, experience on this topics/suggestions.

Kind regards and positive wibes from Denmark

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Go to the order itself and click 'more actions' then 'report problem'. Use the form to explain to Brick Owl what the issue is.

Just bear in mind, if the user paid in DKK via PayPal and you refunded the full amount, they may still have received less EUR in return due to fluctuating exchange rates.

In all honesty I wouldn't worry about it. With negative feedback the best thing you can do is respond politely, and you've already done that. Coming so early on in your selling career it may slow your initial growth, but it shouldn't affect you in the long term.
  • Thanks a lot Hoddie, and that's the reason why I have send him the difference for the DKK/EUR, to be a honest guy. Support told me this is not necessary to be done. Therefore, the feedback should be removed.

Glad for the positive remark, but his attitude got me really frustrated and having a bad feeling now so all the unkind words employed.
  • BTW if you refund the full amount of an order, doesn't it generally show as cancelled, so feedback cannot be left either way? Just wondering. Or is that only for pre-shipment? I would certainly report the issue tho, for sure. Perhaps this was just part of an order.

I am shocked to hear of your treatment here, @brickos! I have worked with nothing but super-nice customers here, even when I'm in error. It sounds like your did everything right, but even more than anyone could or should expect!

I would certainly forward the emails to site admin, also.

I'm afraid the best you can do for now is politely respond on the feedback and take the high road! :-(
  • That's very interesting Calibrick! So neither him or myself can let feedback to each other when the order is cancelled then?
  • That is correct, Brickos... if an order is fully refunded, it becomes "cancelled" and feedback is a non-option since it's not an order.
  • Is that true? Did not know that.
  • Just to clarify, there is no restriction on feedback in relation to order status on Brick Owl
  • I know that when a customer has requested to cancel their order and I have refunded them fully, it then automatically shows as cancelled and there is no way for either of us to leave feedback... I always assumed that was just common sense, as how can one feedback on an order that didn't happen?
  • edited December 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There are times that I've actually wanted to leave feedback on a cancelled order in terms of the customer's niceness (I've been fortunate to have pleasant experiences from people, even when the canx was due to an inventory error on MY part). :-)
  • As far as I'm aware, there is no restriction on stopping you being able to leave feedback once an order is cancelled. The only restriction am aware of is the five-month time-limit.
  • @Lawrence

Shouldn't that be fixed? If an order is fully refunded, then the transaction didn't happen. Seller already absorbing the loss with PayPal fee!
  • edited December 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It would not be right that a seller can avoid honest feedback just by cancelling an order. That WOULD be abused by some.

Cancellation is simply the final step in some transactions, and feedback should reflect the whole transaction, so for example, if an order was cancelled because the seller strung the buyer along, wanted to add further charges, or something else the buyer wasn't happy about, should they not be allowed to leave feedback?

Edit to add: I do think there should be an appeal process for inaccurate feedback. I don't know if there is one or not, but it would seem logical to have one.
  • @Graham Thanks totally agree! And I reimbursed the buyer also the fees, therefore this is quite unfair + several very very rude messages on the top of it.

@Hoddie Well luckily I could also reestablish the truth with my comments, on BL had 100% positive feedback, which I will never achieve thanks to that very unpolite and unpleasant buyer.
  • I also got a negative feedback from a customer who didn't gave me the right shipping address (on Brickowl and on PayPal the address was the same). He wrote me after I have send his package to Italy, that he lives in another house, in another town. I couldn't make any changes then. Luckily his feedback was deleted.
    He threatened me with negative feedback and ordered his money back on PayPal. The package comes back to me after weeks but now I have the shipping costs (didn't get a refund from Postal service).
    It was a new customer and I wanted to send a feedback, too, but there is no possibility to warn other sellers instead of sending a "positive" feedback. I'm very sad about such persons, Lego has to be fun!
  • @Sickbricks thanks a lot for sharing this situation, will control this for sure too.
This discussion has been closed.