Is there an easier way???

I am spending countless hours trying to find stickered parts to enter them into my inventory. Is there an easier way to locate the part to save time? I have tried the search box but most times there is nothing found based upon the picture of the piece. Thx

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you mean you're trying to add parts to your own stock but it's taking ages to find them on the catalog, or the parts don't exist on the catalog at all?

If it's the former I tend to search for the base part (e.g. 2x4 brick), filter by color, then filter again by stickered version. Obviously if it's something like a 2x2 tile they'll be quite a few to go through. Also keywords only work if someone has already added some (e.g. control panel), but these are not standardized so may need some alternate tries.

If it's the latter these will need to be submitted to admin via the edit facility (ideally with a picture at the same time), then the part can be added once approved.

Hope this helps!
  • A tip for searching is to ensure the sort by box is set to 'default' - this sometimes changes depending on how you look at your store's inventory.
  • I'm adding parts to my inventory for sale.
  • The easier way is Brickstore
  • For many parts, keywords do work - it depends on how the submitter set it up in the catalog. If I setup the stickered part, I try to use a short common-sense description and tags, e.g., "with Bookshelf" for a sticker of a bookshelf, and tags may be any visible book titles or things on the bookshelf - like books.

Normally I do what Jay37 suggested - I go to the base part (e.g., 2 x 2 tile) and view the STICKERED tab to see what's in the system already, scrolling through. For some older or really new items, you may have to figure out what set it comes in and create the item. I do that by looking up what sets a part comes in and eyeballing the sticker sheet images. That is a slog tho, for sure - fortunately that is infrequent, the catalog is WAY more mature then when I started here 4-5 years ago! :-)