Site Freezing on Windows 7 - Explorer 11

edited February 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
Most of the time I use the site on the iPad, but recently I've been using it on PC more and it seems to freeze a lot if I hover over order ID's. Also just froze when I went to click on 'My Store'. Probably a Windows 7 - Explorer 11 problem! anyone have any ideas? Turning on/off didn't work! ;-)

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have been having the same problem for just over a week now on Windows 7 IE 11. Before that it was fine. A quick refresh of the page with F5, usually resolves the issue.

• Yes that sorts it, thanks.
  • I want to bring this back to Admins attention.

I am still getting freezes throughout the whole site while using Internet explorer 10 and 11 on two different machines, both running Windows 7.

The freezes are so bad that whatever is running causes my CPU to go crazy. As soon as I close the BrickOwl tab, everything is normal again.

• I'm still having problems as well. Don't think I've had this problem on any other site.
  • What page/pages does it happen on, and does something specific trigger it, like resizing?
  • I'm afraid it is every page, and sometimes as soon as the page loads it freezes. So you get a full page load, but then straight away none of the links are active and you get high CPU usage. It doesn't happen all of the time but I would say at least 30% of the time.

• edited April 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That does sound rather strange, I'm not sure what to do about that, I'm unable to reproduce it on the IE11 I have on Windows 7. It does freeze for about a second sometimes when tables are loading, but it doesn't take long to sort itself out.
  • Maybe it is the cause of an add-on in your version of IE.

Here is a link straight from Microsoft that will scan your add-ons and attempt to detect any problems they may cause you.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_freezes_or_crashes/en-us

Just have to click "run" to the right of the screen on that page.

Good luck!
    Chris
  • I doubt it's an add-on. I have the same issue on two machines, and it is only one website affected.
  • Sounds like a JavaScript error perhaps? I've never had any issues with BO but some other websites are sluggish due to the sheer amount of client-side scripting they utilise.