Feedback posting encouragement

Buyers very rarely leave a comment after the transaction is completed. Could use some message or reminder to encourage them to leave the sellers feedback - after all, it is very important for every store and credibility for buyers.

thank you for considering the possibility.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think it's not a good idea to remind buyers to leave feedback. If they want to leave feedback they'll do it, but if not, that's life.

Very often I see these discussions about how to force buyers to leave feedback. But this is only an online shopping phenomen. Does a local shop where you buy things also send you a letter or give you a call that you should come back and leave feedback? I don't think so. Therefor why should it be different for an online shop?

For sure, for every shop a good reputation is helpful. It would be more helpful in my opinion to show beside the feedback rating the statistic how many feedbacks from how many orders have been received. This is for our shop on all market places we sell less than 40%.

Best regards,
    Oliver.
  • I agree with Bricks-Shop. I've seen instances where a buyer wasn't entirely happy with the transaction, but didn't leave feedback. However, the seller pushed them to do so, expecting a positive though the buyer gave a neutral or negative.

Sometimes no news is good news.
  • For those new sellers who are forced to only use paypal to accept payment until they have a minimum feedback score, I can understand why they're asking for some ways to encourage buyers to leave more feedback. While I generally agree that feedback should be voluntary as noted above, if any site is going to use feedback as a way to manage any aspect of the selling experience, then some consideration as to how to deal with non feedback-leaving buyers should happen, IMO.

I have mostly great experiences buying from Brickowl sellers, and I'm happy to mark orders received and leave positive feedback; it doesn't hurt me any and doesn't take much time out of my life, and the sellers tend to appreciate it, so no problem. I do occasionally have an order that goes sideways enough that I don't bother leaving feedback, though. I reserve negative and neutral feedback for those sellers who don't bother communicating while they mess up my order big-time and don't correct their errors.
  • Just to clarify, the payment restriction for new stores is based on unique orders, not on positive feedback
This discussion has been closed.