Vat-Exclusion for international buyers

Good Morning, iam selling from Germany and i have some questions for store-settings:

if i selling to a german customer he have to pay 19% Mehrwertsteuer inclusive to my prices. But if an American or somebody outside from european union want to buy from me he dont have to pay tax. How can i enable this for international buyers.
You can see a screenshot underline.

Best regards and thanks in advance for helping.
Felix Hundt

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why would you want to for customers from non-EU countries? They generally don't have to pay VAT to EU shops, but have to pay that to their local customs/taxman/whathaveyou afaia...
  • @FelixHundt you have it set up well, any non EU buyers will see your prices without VAT.
  • Hello Felix,
    We have the same - VAT included to German and EU buyers and VAT excluded/reduced for NON-EU Buyers.
    You have to set-up the following:
    Go to My Store-Setting-Tax-Add Tax Profile:
    - enter your tax rates of 19% (2 fields)
    - give it a name
    - Tax Profile Type: "Remove the tax rate from the existing prices (which are tax inclusive) for the customers that this tax profile does not apply to.
    - choose some additional settings like shipping, max order value, etc.
    - choose the region EU and all the countries from EU will be listed; check the list if all are included
    - update

It took some time for us to have this working, but with the help of the admins it's set-up. Try not having any other tax profiles used than the system automatic profiles (UK + Norway).

Regards,
    Oliver from Bricks-Shop
  • I have done the same as @FelixHundt have done. One tax line for EU and swedish customers. (I am from sweden). I do have the UK and NO tax lines. But I found out that my other customers from outside EU (Except Norway and UK), the shipping costs that I put on export customers are reduced with swedish tax. And that goes for quotes to countries outside EU. For exampel I just had a quote from a Customer in USA and I put 129SEK as shipping costs, but when I look at the order it says that the customer only paid 103,20 SEK (which is 129SEK minus swedish tax).

Regards,
    Johan
This discussion has been closed.