Was gonna sell on here, but I don't use PayPal. ??

Hi there. Some of you know my name. So I was gonna upload all my figs on this site, but it doesn't have any other option but Paypal payments. If you saw the news, you'll know why we shouldn't use PayPal anymore.
Can we use other regular methods for payment, or does BrickOwl only allow PayPal on here?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can use Stripe for credit/debit payments.
  • No I don't have that. I'm talking e-transfer / bank transfers, and cryptocurrencies. lol
  • Those are all acceptable payment methods on Brick Owl.
  • As a new store, for your first orders you do need to use PayPal (I think 10).
    After that you can use a wide variety of methods as mentioned above.
    But you first will have to pass the 10 order 'test'.

This has been in place for a few years now, in the old(er) days you could have started with any (on site?) method.
  • ^^ I think that needs making clear on the sign-up page if it isn't already, as there have been several queries about this over the months.
  • Hi all. Thanks for your help. I signed up many years ago to Brick Owl but never used it. So my account is old but just now I was opening up my store. I've been on Bricklink for over 15 years now but wanted to try this. Do minifigs sell well on here? Can we get just as many sales on here that we get on BL? Is BL a dirty word here? lol ;)
    And when using PayPal with Owl, do you sellers get claims a lot from buyers and is this an issue like it is with eBay?

And finally, are the taxes taken from the paypal payment automatically like on Bricklink or is it up to the sellers? Using USA and Canada reference only. Sorry guys outside North America but my Canada Post shipping over seas sucks and is stupid expensive for a small package tracked! :(

Thanks all. I just want to sell my minifigs and sets collection quickly and hoping it can happen here.
    Best,
    James
  • I suggest reaching out to the admin (scroll to Contact Us link at bottom) and explaining how you're well-established, link to your current store, etc. There may be exceptions to this rule for well-established sellers of good repute. :-)
  • Hi i would like to advise you.

You should look into the program called Bricksync.

That one allows you to keep the same inventory as you keep on BL.

You should take note that if you decide to use it ; any and all invetory changes turn on a setting in bricksync; else the made changes will become undone.

But when used to the program;
    When a sale is made on one platform.
    It will automaticly change your inventory on the other; if a sale is made on a platform.
    (Program needs to be running, most bigger shops run that 24/7)

Paypal is a very decent payment method.
    But best comes to bigger sales is to keep proof. And check out the buyer..

I personally did not encounter chargebacks.

But i rekon they are a pain..
    Good look with your set up here.
  • @FamilyBuilds this is a post from over a year ago. You do not need to revive such old post.