Customers are AWESOME People

A bit of a USPS whine and some deep gratitude to the awesomeness of our buyers here on BO!

Last Wednesday night, my hubbie dropped off six shipments at a USPS facility for delivery after hours.
I started hearing from a customer or two early this week that tracking hasn't changed (still showing that I've only printed the label). So I began the detective work which I won't bore you with (as of this moment, five of the six remain MIA at likely the San Diego Distribution Center, unscanned)...

But these customers have been the utter SOUL of patience, I must say! Truly, wonderful people, every one of them. I may end up reshipping or refunding them all at this rate, depending on what I have left in stock (since everything remains MIA - my mental cutoff is tomorrow, Saturday, to get this resolved), but every single one of these people has been simply TERRIFIC, understanding, and downright pleasant in every communication (I'm sending each near-daily status updates).

I just wanted to give a shout-out to you awesome buyers, who truly understand that we have no control over USPS but will always happily work with you!!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Calibrick this is truly a “Blip on the radar” for your area. We have to say that even during earlier Covid delay your SoCal San Diego as a destination or route stop was incredible. They are completely responsible for our feedbacks that refer to amazing transport times from here in Tucson to any point West. Whatever is up is obviously beyond both your and their control.
    Adding to your shout-out: Great buyers here on BrickOwl …and yours will, no doubt, receive “Awesome” soon.
  • Great to hear from you both, @One_Click_Off ! I agree with you, the San Diego Distribution Center is pretty terrific - particularly when you compare to say the Los Angeles one (I hear a lot of horror stories about that wildly overworked and understaffed one). I think the issue, honestly, is with my local one in Chula Vista/East Lake. I'm not convinced they actually transited the items to the San Diego Distro Center, personally...

I know that they process 30,000 pieces daily on normal days, and that easily doubles or triples during holidays and peak purchase periods - when you think about it, any USPS facility processing all of that with so few issues is really pretty amazing. And my individual carrier is really terrific, I adore her!