Is it possible to add up the running paypal fees to give a monthly total

I wondered, as the figure is already shown per transaction, if the paypal fee could be collected as a total at the end of the month.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • On Paypal there is a reports tab where you can get the monthly balance and fees totals
  • Stellar... yes I have been using this method , although having difficulty with it at the moment for some reason.
    However the fact the figures are already shown on Brick owl maybe a total would be an easy option..?
  • @kt2050 , Brickowl does not show or track PAYPAL fees on any screen or report - they have no way of knowing what your transaction fees are as far as I know.

The fees shown on BO are for BO's fees and any third-party platforms you have chosen to participate in selling on that they collect for, e.g., Rebrickable.

Stellar gave you the only advice I'm aware of on how to collect PayPal fees (by generating a detailed monthly transaction report, which is how I capture mine).
  • "Brickowl does not show or track PAYPAL fees on any screen or report"
    That is not correct :smile:

In the order screen under 'Payment Details' there is a line 'PayPal Fee', that looks to be the correct fee that PayPal gets.
    It is also the only place where it is shown, it isn't available through the API as far as I can tell.
  • @BasKrie well my goodness me... 4+ years here as a seller and I NEVER noticed that, ROTFL. It does appear to be correct, also, I spot-checked several.

I cheerfully and a bit abashedly proclaim myself to be dead-on WRONG!! Oops - apologies, @kt2050 !
  • Yes... I always check the PayPal fee as it's quite a chunky cost after postage.
    That's why I like the idea of a running monthly total easily visible.
    As I originally said... it's right there so if it added up at the month.. it makes brick owls info more of a one stop shop .
  • Although we have access to this information, this isn't something we'd want to implement as Paypal has the reporting tools already available.
  • Although PayPal have the tools the simplicity is completely lacking, and in my opinion, one of Brick Owls strengths is how information is displayed.
    However, thanks for answering and considering my suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.