Suggestion: Provide Ability to UPLOAD (XML, CSV) Shipping Rate Changes (Or Bands Altogether)

I'd like to VERY sincerely propose that we have a way - ANY way - to upload either shipping rate changes to established bands OR a way to setup and modify shipping bands altogether via upload.

In the US, our postal service NEVER usefully does percentage increases. That would be way too easy on all of us.

No, they like to do =$0.75 to X shipping method up to X size for each Zone, then $0.90 for another zone, and so on.

PLUS they now change rates at least THREE times per year, as they've now adopted "limited time" holiday rate increases October - January every year. Then they return to their previous rates... then they do the actual annual rate increase during the Spring.

With every rate change, every US seller has to manually update every single price in every single band/zone for every method we offer. It uses a horrific amount of time, and is error prone with all those manual entries - and I'm willing to bet the vast majority of us FIRST do all this ourselves inside Excel or a similar spreadsheet-oriented program so we can obtain the actual numbers we want to enter.

Having any way - direct upload (like we can to append our store's parts using XML or creating a wishlist), or even an API method (I'm more than willing to learn if there's some way to easily convert a spreadsheet into API code) would be nothing short of a Godsend. These are 4-6 hour data entry marathon for each change, and that's for us fast touch typists.

I suspect other countries may be in a similar boat, as each nation's postal service handles increases differently.

Could we not have a "sample" XML file to show how fields and data MUST be laid out and be able to upload that to our stores? If creating bands/methods is too difficult, then having this for UPDATES to established bands only alone would be absolutely amazing, IMO. The time-savings alone would be invaluable - each time I lose a day of adding parts to the store. :-)

Throwing this out there for respectful consideration - if you concur, please consider upvoting!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.