Has the BrickOwl Search system changed?

We use the "Personal Note" field to store the location of parts, as I assume most stores do?

Until recently we could perform an "Inventory" search and type the location wrapped in double quotes to list all parts in a given location. For example:

"00-A-00"

This week we've noticed that if we "move" parts to a new location and then perform a search, the parts continue to list in both the old and new locations, so:

If we move the parts in "00-A-00" to say "00-B-00" the parts will continue to list in searches of both locations.

We've waited 30-60 minutes but there is no correction. We've used a second device to ensure its not a local caching issue.

Over time as parts move around this will become a bigger and bigger problem.

@Lawrence - please can you advise if any change have been made in this area recently? Is there a way to search for parts based on the "Personal Note" field any more please?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've been using the double-quotes inventory search also (private note field) all week and haven't had a problem that I've seen - and I am moving parts around while I'm adding new inventory. I suspect the database reindexing is just a bit slow this week is all.
  • I don't remember making a change in relation to that in the recent past. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is encountering similar issues.
  • It would also be good to know if this clears up. There could be several systems involved so it may be something that resolves in a few minuts, or possibly a day.
  • I had a little play this morning and I don't seem to have this problem. The time taken to see the update in the search results varied quite a lot, sometimes just a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute as the on-screen message says, but it did change.

Asking this with my IT head on, what happens if you use the filter on the Manage Inventory page to find them?

As a side note, I've never used the double-quotes thing, I didn't know about it, I've always been able to search for personal notes in my inventory without them.
  • Thanks all, although I re-tested after 30 and 60 minutes on the day I think I was just being impatient. Today, the parts I moved on Friday have all been re-indexed correctly and so my issue is fixed. Thanks!
  • As an update on this... I've worked out my issue... if you change just the PERSONAL NOTE field in isolation the search result can take hours to update. If you change the PERSONAL NOTE and then tweak the PRICE or QTY fields (maybe others too) the search result are updated on the next "indexing" cycle (seems to be every 1-2 minutes ish).

Assuming this is by design. The result is slightly erroneous results (for me at least) for a few hours but isn't a big problem functionality wise (Windows 11 using the Edge browser).
  • Again, I don't have that problem. When I had my little play with this all I did was change the personal note. And I know that when I reorganise my stock, which is also just changing personal notes, it doesn't take long to update.