Condolences to Our UK/English/British Friends

Sincere condolences from an American on the grievous loss of Queen Elizabeth II. She was an extraordinary woman - when viewed from a historical lens, she took unprecedented steps to modernize the British monarchy and will be sorely missed around the world as a steadfast head of state. While everyone may or may not agree with her actions over her 70-ish (!!) year reign, her accomplishments and her legacy will always hold a significant and well-deserved place in our world's history.

R,
Sandy

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • To quote Justin Welby: "May she rest in peace and rise in Glory."

She was the one constant amongst western leaders since the last great war. She has given wisdom to politicians of all colours from dozens of countries for decades, and her impact upon our lives was very real, even if it was imperceptible.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we're witnessing the beginning of a brand-new chapter for the world.
  • So beautifully and eloquently said, @Hoddie!
  • I don't have words. It hurts so much,
  • Thank you. It is such a sad time in our country, everyone appears to be affected ass it was so sudden and at the moment havent heard of anyone saying a bad word against her (and i dont expect to). She was indeed an extraordinary Queen and person and I doubt if we will ever see the same in this country again.
    Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth :'(