Quote from Hong Kong

edited February 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
@admin
Sent a quote off to a customer in Hong Kong. Had a reply back saying he's having trouble at checkout.
Not sure if he tried to send me some thing. Not sure what the < > means?
His message was.

I have below problem when checkout. Please help !!

< >

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Is it possible to send photos/images in the messages section?
  • No, but you can via e-mail which goes via the messaging system.
  • edited February 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Upon further investigation, you have your payment methods setup to only allow payments from the UK, so no one outside the UK can make an order in your store.
  • Got him to email me in the end.
    Not sure how he's trying to pay.
    In my junk email I have 2 requests come in 1 minute apart. But only 1 request on Brickowl.

Payment. I'm using paypal and stripe. Is there a setting I've missed?

Mark
  • You can restrict payment methods by country, you have restricted both of them to only apply to the UK, this customer is not in the UK.
  • oops!

is there a way to get it to match my shipping countries I've selected?

What advantages or disadvantages to selecting different currencies?

• PayPal keeps a balance of each currency you accept payments in, and will charge a currency conversion fee if you want or need to transfer some of your balance from one to the other - for example, when you're paying for an eBay auction won in £ but where your PayPal £ balance isn't enough, it'll convert some of your $ balance and charge you commission.

If you accept payments in only one currency, the buyer must agree to PayPal's rates of exchange when completing payment (which will invariably not be good for them).

I don't use Stripe but it's probably similar.
  • Unless you have a specific need to restrict a payment method to a certain country, you should set them to worldwide. The shipping methods restrict where you ship to.