Order status not updated to received by buyer

Hi,

A week ago I contacted a buyer about his order. Postal tracking marked it as received, but wasn't changed on BO. After contacting the buyer I got my confirmation that the order indeed was received, but he didn't know how to update the order status.

After explaining I was hoping to see the order as received but now, a week later, it is stil showing as shipped.

Is there a way for sellers to eventually mark orders as received or is this order now forever going to say shipped?

Thanks,
Ingmar

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm sure it has to be the buyer that sets it to received. A lot of buyers don't bother so yes, they remain as shipped forevermore.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about it. As @Mrs Swoop says most customers either don't know how to, or can't be bothered, or forget to do it. If there's any issues in shipping delays I would expect the customer to get in touch to query it, otherwise I assume all is good.
  • Well okay, nothing to do then. I'll just live with it then😂
  • Just going to confirm as well.
    It is the buyer who needs to mark the order received. But almost no one actually do this.

It could however be a big help for us sellers. Just this week i had one asking about a package being late, it was without shipping, so i could only hope it was underway. She ordered the 10th and first got to her yesterday. Denmark to the U.S.A. so a fairly longer trip than normally.

But my point in this is, it would surely be a help for us as sellers, to know that it has come along fine.
    Anyway, at least from my view, if "we" the sellers do not hear anything, i take it as all is good :-)
  • I'm happy to say, that I do mark shipments as received =) . I only had one shipment not marked as received lately, but this was due to some personal issues and unavailability to deal with BO (I have been absent for almost for the whole summer :( ... But now I'm back to making orders from BO stores :D .
  • Instead of creating a new thread I'll just chip in as well..
    I've also noticed a bunch of people not bothering to mark orders as received or give feedback. As a new seller on BO I do kinda want the feedbacks in order to enable other payment methods :neutral:
    Providing a small picture of my "struggles" heh.. I just can't imagine all these orders as not having been delivered as I sell on BL as well where a big portion of my sales get marked as complete.

But as @Malnaborg mentioned.. I guess I should just take it as a good sign as I haven't actually heard anything from any of the customers. :-)

Edit: The heck is up with my name ;o