Button to add Left/Right parts

I think it would be cool when I go to a store and I add the Left part of a pair (say Panel 64681) to see a button to add its Right counterpart (say Panel 64393) as well (instead of having to look it up).

Do you think it would be neat?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The system already has this for many parts - if users have matched left/rights in the catalog a button set appears on the main part page on the right under the basic part information (e.g., part numbers, size) showing a selection of left or right.

I can't recall if that's only on the main (noncolored) page of a part, or for each color offhand.

If your part is not showing a paired relationship of left-right on the main part page (uncolored), go to the uncolored version page. click edit, and input the relationship of a left or right part, which auto-pairs both in the catalog when accepted). :-)

LEGO does not provide this on their API, so the catalog relies on us to add these.
  • @Calibrick: I guess what ForeverSorting is meaning is the missing function when you visit a store.
    If you search in the Brick Owl Catalog you can find for the example 64681 a button "Panel 6 right" which is linked to 64393.
    If you visit a store and search for the item 64681 you do not see this relation-ship button. There are only some tags like "fairing, long, smooth" shown. I think ForeverSorting is asking for this button in the shop which will show than the available parts of 64393 or a message "not available/found".
  • Ahhh you're right, I should have read their message more carefully - thanks, @Bricks-Shop ! Upvoted... and I just noticed you can now upvote the OP right from here, that is awesome! :-)
  • We have added a new box forr that on the right-hand side, similar to related items
This discussion has been closed.