Come, sell and go 😂

Hi everybody! I think this is the best place to ask my question as I am new to this, completely.

I was looking how to sell some lego pieces.

I saw I can create a store. But I do not want to go on with a store, just wanted to sell a number of sets because my daughter decided to stop collecting. Just sell them, time for something new. She adored building since she was 3, now she is 10 and discovered another type of building (adult marble run construction)

There are about 18 sets of lego (friends) I guess (all together - the smaller and bigger). She always took care, build only once and put on display. I think she never lost a piece at all. There were even extra (unused) pieces sometimes in the box.

So… To only sell those: I have to create a real store? Or are there other ways/ places /... to sell those to lego lovers? I was hoping that in this community the experts could show me the way!

I certainly do not aim to get maximum big money for the sets, so that is not my intention, but I do not want to leave her empty-handed, I would like a “fair” opportunity, and if possible rather fast, because we lack time to be occupied with it. If she gets sth out of it she can invest in her new hobby.

Most sets still have their box and they all have the instructions book. I do not have any idea about value, but discovered how to search for that. But as I said I do not aim for max prices.

So: where can we find most lego lovers or people interested, to sell those fair and fast?

I was even wondering: Maybe there are stores who buy the sets in "a lot" to sell them their selves? (So all of it at once I meant) If that is possible, and anyone knows this kind of stores/possibilities, I would be gratefull for the information!

We are in Belgium, but I can ship anywhere, that would not be a problem. I can find the instructions on the net 😊

I hope some of you can help me- to help my daughter. Sets are all type "friends" by the way. I am doing this for her as she is still a minor and can not do those type of transactions. (She is 10 now) I am a total newbie, and don’t want to be scammed so she has nothing left from her collection.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort to read and reply!

I want to leave an email here if someone wants to contact me for giving info, but I am not sure if that is allowed? If not I will remove it subsequently from my text here

[email protected] (yes bie instead of bee cause that’s my name)

Will be Impatiently waiting for some replies !!! 😁😁😁🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😇😇😘💜

Bie

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Also: which information about a set is important to tell when selling? Apart from condition and so…
    Article number, name of set…??
  • Marble runs for the win!
  • Hi Bie. Welcome to the forum and brickowl.
    You made a great post and asked the right questions.
    Being in Belgium, you might have a local Facebook group that sells stuff on your neighborhood? Or something similar you could try?

From brickowl point of view, you would have to set up a full store, to be able to sell, and also PayPal account, if you do not have that, to get the money from the buyers. When all that is done, it will be a waiting game to hope people will buy the sets you have and maybe fast.
    But this process can take forever.

With the sets you have. You search for the set number here on brickowl, and then via the "set page" you tap on the sell fan, and mark your item for sale. There will always be a "used" price to sell for, but you do make up your own price for the set.
    So apart from the set number, you will have a little "note" area where you can write about the set and condition if you like.

Now with all this in mind, it truly is not something you just do. So people (me) might be interested in buying it all in one big Lot. So if you like, you can start off by writing down all the set numbers you have, and sending them to me, then I will be happy to find s price for you ☺️

Good luck with it all.
  • I found pics and numbers on the net, put together in the added images. I erased the asking prices, not mine, just to show the sets she has. Thx for taking a look!

X
    Bie
  • Great.

Well then you might have an idea about what the sets are worth, if you want to sell them on your own.

If someone here should buy it as a whole, you should might expect a lower price, so the buyer can make some profit 🙂
  • Of course!

As I said, no intentions to continue, just want to get rid at a fair price for my daughter.

I did not pay attention to all prices, I hope to get some fair offer. Don’t even know which price to put on it… Whoever buys has the opportunity to make more out of it as he puts effort and time in. I just don’t want to be scammed and hope to get some fair offers. Ideally 2 or 3 to compare if it is about the same amount. If I get only one offer, he/she is still the only one after two weeks, this person can have them, voila 😊
  • Haha okay. Well I will gladly look at your pictures and sets later today or tomorrow and come with a price ☺️
  • Hi

I was waiting to hear from you and other people who are willing to make a deal for these. As they are complete sets in excellent condition, I supposed that hete there would be people who could help but not a lot of reactions or tips:..
    🙁
  • Unsure what country you're in and I hate to steer biz from here, but there are also auction sites you can use to just get rid of a few sets. :-)
  • Yeah you mean auction sites like ebay and stuff?

Problem is I do not have the opportunity to take pictures of all pieces, offer each set seperately, follow up messages, questions, offers, answers… I know that this is the way to make the most money out of it, but I already have a shop, that is my job, and I know I can not underestimate the work you have with selling like this.

For that specific reason I was hoping to find people, experts in it, who enjoy selling and made it their hobby to buy and sell. I wanted to sell all at once, knowing what I get will be not as much as selling seperately, but know nobody enjoys them. If I am able to sell all 18 sets at once for a fair offer, and buyer knows he still makes a lot of profit selling them afterwards, that would be ideal.

For this reason I asked it here, google showed me I could find all experts on here.

It is not that I want to sell them here, but I was hoping people here would know where I can present a complete lot, who is interested in these kind of offers I mean. I am a total newbie to this. I know I can go to auction sites, but I think with a lot that is not possible and furthermore I have no idea how much to put on this as a starting price, a minimum price. So even if you or other people are not interested in buying, maybe you could help me to set a minimum price on these when I try to offer them on a site like ebay, as a complete lot?
    I can find prices for the sets seperately, but adding all prices together I can’t do that when I sell all together. That is much too expensive. The buyer has to be able to make profit, so there I am stuck.

What would be the minimum price I should ask when I sell them all together as a lot?

Hope people can give directions about that? All sets and their pictures are in one of my previous messages. Where are all the experts, lovers, fans, collectors Google was telling me I could find here?

If anyone has tips about sites or shops for this offer…. All ears.

Btw I am from Belgium, thought I mentioned that already. But I can send it anywhere you want with correct documents when sending abroad. And I would take insurance for it. That is if I get a nice offer not for 20€ or something. Then the buyer gets no insurance unless he pays for it himself 😅😇

Hope it is clear that I can’t sell piece by piece and want to sell it as a lot. It is that I am hoping to get information about. Where, who, how much… that is more difficult to find than regular options to auction 🙃

Thank you for replying and I hope you see what I want in fact… 😉
  • Hey Bie123

Sorry for not getting back to you, since (as you say) i am the one who have been most active here.
    The thing for me is, that i have an crazy amount of Lego at the moment i need to sort out, mostly before i buy new "lots"

I AM interested in your lot, and you sound like a nice person, who just do the best. And you are correct, it is time consuming to have this "hobby" or almost a second job, while trying to run our lives beside that ;-)

Apart from all this, i am busy as well these days in my normal life as well, so i am doing my best to make everything run at once :-P

B U T i will gladly help you. More than i have, so what would you say to visit my store / profile, send me the pictures and as much info you have on the lego you would like to sell, and i will work more into a possible deal !? :-)
  • Hey Bie123,

in Belgium, the secondhand site 2dehands is quite popular for buyers and sellers of all kinds of lego, loose parts, new sets, used sets, combo of sets in good condition...
    I think this might be a good place to try... provide a few pictures of the whole lot together, no need to post them set by set, but a buyer should be able to see what he's buying of course. You can ask for bidding at a starting price of your choosing, so that you get your minimum asking price, but a nice combo of sets in good condition can fetch a nice price, especially if you would still have all the boxes and manuals. There will always be people on there trying to get it from you for almost nothing, but don't let that discourage you and be patient.
    If patience is no option, you should be prepared to take a bigger loss on the sale.
    When I check your pictures, they seem to come from an account offering these sets on 2dehands separately, is that you?
  • In what way you are going to sell doesn't matter.
    But you will have to do some effort for it.
    Make a list of the set numbers you are selling, you can do that when you take a photo of the instructions.
    Take some photo's from the Lego parts, just spread them out on the table (or floor), and take some photo's from a few angles.
    Then spread all instruction booklets, take (at least) 1 booklet from each set, just in neat rows and columns. They can overlap each other, but make sure the set number is visible.

With this you can ask here how much it could be worth and what you could expect to get as a bulk lot.
    And when you decide to sell on a (Belgium) second hand site (as bulk) you will need those photo's as well.

And yes you will have to put in some time to sell, be it here or anywhere else :)
  • As a side note. If the sets that are in you pictures are indeed the ones you have, it's a bit vague it's not your listing but the pictures seem to been taken from within the sellers account.
    The sets, when sold as individual compleet sets, they would come up to around € 425
    Selling in bulk will get you probably half of that, unless a buyer wants it for themselves, you could get more.
  • I have been absent for a while, so that is why my reply is late.
    Last message mentions 425€ for all and “only” half in bulk.

We would be happy, really, to get half of that if we do not have to sort it all out and put all the work in, can’t fysically and know there are no parts missing and if one would be lost anyway, it is one and not tons. Everything present just no interest at all … my daughter talked about the 28 sets as in 10/set so thought about 180€ To be honest.
  • How you would sell on BO without listing the individual sets? Is there a bulk selling option somewhere?
  • There is no bulk selling option that I am aware of - I guess they could request the creation of a custom entry for the catalog, but I suspect that would be rejected. :-(