Setting up for postage

Good afternoon I have added some parts to my store and have been contacted to supply postage amounts, I am having problems finding how and when I do it doesn't show any amounts to customers? please any advise would be appreciated.
Regards Jane

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Jinny, and welcome to BO! Your best bet is to read up on Shipping Bands here on BO... and to make it easier (as it's not super intuitive), folks from most countries have "shared" their bands (you can view those using the buttons under your store's shipping tab), so you can leverage presetup bands and merely modify the rates, if desired.

What displays publicly is the BAND name, e.g., I have bands titled 1st Class - Uninsured, 1st Class - $50 Insurance, etc. The other comments only display to other sellers who are using shared bands.

Good luck with your new store!!!
  • Note, you WILL need a sense of your packaging size(s) and packaging weights (so you know what dimension limits to set for each band, and what padding to add to your weights, e.g., if you bubble mailers weigh 1/2 oz, you'll want 0.9 oz of parts to pop into a 2 oz shipping band cost (if you're in the US). :-)
  • @Jinny It might be worth popping to your local post office to pick up Royal Mail's current price leaflet, or going online, and work out at least a couple of shipping methods to the UK - it currently states you don't ship domestically. Even if you just have a flat rate one to start with say based on a Large Letter. Setting up postage can be a time consuming process, and you may need to tweak it as you go, and as @Calibrick says, remember to factor in the weight of the packaging. I have nearly twenty different shipping options, subdivided into different weight bands, which covers most eventualities and I would say it took the best part of an afternoon to set up. My advice; stick the kettle on, make a cuppa and don't rush it. If needs be, close your store for a couple of hours while you work on it.

A handy tip is you can place an order in your own store, so you can simulate what a potential customer would see. Better that you see a problem first and sort it, than a customer seeing it and you not being able to solve it.

Best of luck!!