Is there a way to make the search function more user friendly?

I've recommended this site to friends and aquaintences but virtually everyone has asked my why it's so confusing to find a piece For example, I typed in Baryonyx with dark green stripes, and got lego minifig torsos. It would be more popular if normal people could use the site without a 'how to' guide.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You'd get much better results if you specified what you're looking for, brick, plate, tail? Or just baryonyx. It's best to keep it as simple as possible.
  • I agree with @Mrs Swoop , keep it simple. "Baryonyx" will show pretty much what you want. Your example search phrase might work on BL where the stripes are mentioned in the description, but that isn't the same on BO.
  • It really has to do to some degree with tags on items... you can use advanced search queries here (e.g., "1x6" "with bar"), but if no one has added Baryonyx to the item, the search engine can't find it. So it needs to be in the description (which they like to keep short here) or as a tag to the item. The catalog is crowd-sourced for those level of items, as LEGO's API does not deliver that (they usually provide really awful part descriptions). :-)
This discussion has been closed.