Mini Figure External Links (Bricklink)

I was reading a post on Minifigs and there was a suggestion that the Bricklink Catalogue number could be added to the Mini Figures on Brick Owl - the minifig in question on that topic was cty1138 (BOID 307407 Man in Lime Shirt)

I found on the Edit screen under Id Numbers a field called BL ID - I assumed that was Bricklink ID
Is that a correct assumption?

I also tried to post the number to the minifig - but that appears to have failed

Can anyone help/advise how that option is supposed work please.

Thank you.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BLIDs can be added to all BO entries, but as they remain the IP of BL we are not allowed to see them. I suspect the failure to add the BLID in this instance is because here on BO this figure is inventoried with the hair, but not the helmet, whereas on BL he is with the helmet but not his hair (this was probably the basis of the discussion if memory serves), and therefore can't be synced for selling.

As for the process generally, you are spot on with the edit process. If a BLID is already present this will be there but say something along the lines of 'not allowed to be viewed'. If no BLID is there you can select BL ID from the drop down menu and submit one. As with all catalogue submissions it can take a day or so to action, and you will only be notified if there's an issue.
  • Thanks Jay37 appreciate your answer - I try again with a fully matching entry and see how that works out.