Lengthy dispatch time

Hello Brick Owlers,

I had an unfortunate negative feedback today. Perhaps I deserved it.

Earlier this year my father died so things have been a bummer to say the least. But you know, work needs to be done for rent, bills, food and all, etc.

So to help myself cope I have made dispatch time 2 to 5 days. This has helped me move at a pace that I need to.

However, a buyer was complaining that I had not shipped within 2 days. I let them know that my dispatch time is 2 to 5 days, which is clearly stated at the storefront, and that I could take up to the 5th day. They wanted to cancel. I agreed to cancel. They left a nasty feedback.

The problem I see is that they clearly did not read the dispatch time or did not care, or think it applies to them?

Is there a way to make sure buyers see the dispatch time and know what 2 to 5 days means? Just frustrating is all.

Regards,
Quinton

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I personally think that feedback should be removed. You've met your stated timescale. I don't know if Admin will agree but it's worth asking imo.

The timescale isn't displayed at checkout - perhaps it should be.
  • I agree, I would definitely ask the admin - if all comms were via BO, then the situation is provable. :-)
  • edited August 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BTW, Quinton, please accept my sincere condolences on your loss... that should have been first and foremost in my message, mea culpa. I've been where you are with both my parents (not at the same time, thank goodness)... hang in there, time at least helped me to focus more on the great memories instead of the loss. I have previously purchased from you and you do run a wonderful store! Take care!
  • I agree with Hoddie and Calibrick. I think you have a case for getting that feedback removed if you contact admin and it would be a great idea if the dispatch time coukd be made more obvious at checkout.
  • One more vote from me for despatch time to be more obvious at checkout.

I also have mine set to "2 to 5 days" and occasionally get a remark in feedback about taking longer than expected to arrive but all has been positive thankfully. Latest was for an order that was placed on Thursday evening and received by the buyer on the following Tuesday afternoon !
  • One thing you could do would be to add a note to your shipping method description. If you put "Order despatch will take up to 5 working days, please be aware of this before completing your order" in the shipping description buyers would see this every time before completing your order.

They probably wont read it, but at least you will have let them know.