Information on payement restrictions

Hello, I would like to set up a store, but I don't understand how to use the payment restrictions category. Does selecting "world" mean that anyone can order from my store? What if I want to not ship to certain countries? I sent a message to the contact us function, but did not receive a clear answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you do not want all countries, then you need to specify the exact list you will ship to. I not aware of a way to say all but these.
  • When setting up a shipping band you can say "World", but if there are some countries you wish to not ship to, you must deselect them in the countries list. Might be better to set up multiple different shipping methods (Domestic, Europe, Africa, etc) and then tweak them as you set them up. Here in the UK there are a whole lot of different ways to send something, and I assume a similar set up in the States. I know the urge to get selling is strong, but I would advise spending time working out shipping bands and making sure you are happy with them. There are too many examples of stores rushing to open, then finding they haven't allowed for the weight of the packaging and end up paying more for the shipping than the customer has paid.

I have 19 shipping methods set up, all split into multiple weight bands, with Request a Quote active for anything not within those bands. Did it take me time to set up? Yes, and I've had to amend them from periodically when the Royal Mail prices change, but ultimately it means 99.9% of the time neither I nor the customer has to worry about it.