Cancelled - Payment Received Paypal meaning?

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me here as I have never seen this on PAYPAL before. Has had a sale and buyers order was "Payment Submitted" status on BO for the last few days. Off that will have NOT sent the order due to it showing as "1 Order awaiting payment" on the store page.

Fast forward to today the payment in question when from a "pending" state to "Cancelled - Payment Received on paypal" and looking at BO invoice for this buyer it showing as Payment Status "Denied" any clues on what this is? ATM is not in a hurry to strike the buyer as they are a repeat buyer and we never had an issue with them. This is more to find out what "Cancelled - Payment Received on paypal" means etc.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Is it possible that the customer themselves has cancelled the payment (for whatever reason), and maybe they assumed this would also cancel the order? If they are a repeat customer is it worth reaching out to them for clarification? I've never seen this before, so am only speculating.
  • Another possibility is that the payment was being funded by a bank transfer. Those take several days to complete, and it is possible that it was refused by the bank.

Telling us more about this transaction, and that might help to clear the mists … what country is the buyer located in ? Was the original payment marked as Eligible, Partially Eligible or Not Eligible ?
  • it showing as the topic heading above on paypal and on BO as Denied and Australia. It so confusing as paypal has it both as Cancelled - Payment Received which is what we are trying to work out as it can only be one or the other not both. Either a cancelled payment or a received payment
  • My suggestion is that you pull a PayPal transaction report, something that shows all the transactions and a running balance for the current month. That should help to clarify if it was ever received (or not).