Display order count on customer facing store page

I think this would be a helpful feature to show a potential customer how 'busy' a store is. At the moment all that is there is a feedback number which is pretty meaningless in and of itself (especially when that store has 100% positive feedback), and a date when the store opened. As has been discussed in the past, feedback here tends to run between 20-30% of orders, so having a feedback of say 800 could say to a potential customer that that store has had 800 orders over say five years, but in reality probably means they've had between 2600-4000 orders in that time frame.

I think having this number visible would act as a reassurance that a store has fulfilled many orders, and perhaps would give them better peace of mind.

Just a suggestion...

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Or even # or orders within the last year...
  • Brilliant suggestion, up voted! 👍
  • I rather have a score based on nr orders, registration time, Performance (Beta), and feedback.

This would allow smaller stores like mine, to compete with stores that have 10K orders.
  • I'm not sure how useful that would be to a buyer. Is a store with 20 orders per day going to give better service than a store with 3 orders per day?

As a buyer I look at size of store by items, as larger stores are more likely to be able to supply a better proportion of the parts I want. (I would prefer to do this by lots. Then to see if they have any bad looking recent feedback. To be honest, a really busy store would be more likely to put me off than attract me. I would assume that a store running flat out would be more likely to be behind with orders or worse, rushing and making mistakes.
  • What a great idea, @Jay37 I love the thought of seeing the LIFETIME order fulfillment count! Upvoted!

For me, if I'm parting out a set, if I see a store with 5 feedback only, I certainly know they are new. Before I started selling myself, I'd have assumed that they probably only had maybe 8 or so orders... but in reality, they may have fulfilled 50 orders without complaint.

So being able to see that they are at 5 (100%) with *50 filled*, would definitely reassure me the store has been successfully meeting their obligations, as no news is great news on the Internet. :-) It would give buyers much better feedback context.

Or even if there were a couple of negatives, but they had 1000s of positives across say 8000 orders, I would not sweat those negatives one whit and cheerfully buy (unless they were literally the last 2 orders, which means something has changed).

@ErwinNL I also would not mind seeing the Performance (Beta) go live and replace the estimates we put on our storefronts. That actually allows real-time change over time as we get faster or slower based on what is happening at the time, plus sets buyer expectations for order and message response.

I do suspect there would need to be some message response cleanup for a few stores to adjust those properly, as I recall early on when the Beta went out, some stores noted they had old messages that didn't require a response, but didn't mark them as "response not required", so that skewed the numbers. So maybe for the message piece that needs a bit of recalibration is all.

But this suggestion is about adding total orders "marked as shipped" (presumably) to the storefront as add'l data to the feedback counts/% which I think is brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.