PayPal Block

Hi, i have been blocked on the paypal I have used for BO, after I revcived an order. I have to submit an invoice... But what if I'm selling out of my personal collection. Should I just buy something from LEGO and then submit that to paypal? I want to get my store back up and running. Because I have been suspended because of the paypal. Anyone who can help?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are you using a business account or personal account? You're not using the friends/family payment option, correct? I think you're saying PayPal wants an invoice for what YOU paid, not an invoice for what you sold (BO can generate an invoice for the sale automatically on the sell screen). I have never heard of PayPal requesting that, that is bizarre...

I had a personal account that I upgraded to a business account and have my settings in PayPal and BO PayPal API to steer everything to the proper PayPal sales approach (a higher % fee to PayPal than friends/family, but that is also their terms and conditions as they are goods sold). I've never seen this before in four-plus years of selling. This def sounds like a PayPal issue or a settings issue with PayPal.
  • FYI, if you are in the US and selling out of your personal collection, you'll want to read up on the IRS rules for the equivalent of a garage sale - many areas when you hit a certain threshold ($30 in mine), you have to start collecting sales tax and ensure you claim it on your Federal taxes. Even if it's all your personal stuff.
  • I just use a normal personal account.... But they want an invoice from example an supplier. And I'm from Denmark
  • PayPal (for Business Accounts) is a preferred method on BO. I wonder if the personal account is raising some flags with PP? In effect are they assuming that because this is a dedicated site for selling LEGO that were you to have a Business Account you would not be arousing any suspicions? I've never sold on ebay but is that similar? If I was simply offloading my own LEGO that's fine to use a personal account, but the moment it looks like a business (i.e. bulk selling of particular parts - "100x 1x2 plates, you choose the color"), maybe they need further reassurance? Just a thought...
  • Hopefully some EU or UK folks will post here, as I'm not familiar with the sales rules in Denmark... my POV was from the US, where our tax laws are really tight when it comes to selling personal stuff and crossing that line into business. :-) I hope you get some answers! Also, I assumed you messaged PayPal and asked for more info, did a web search, etc.?
  • In UK you have a £1000 limit per year. Less than that and it is incidental earnings of a hobby. More than that and you have to declare it on your tax return.
  • In DK it is 50.000 DKK before you need to be a registered business, so I don't see why paypal can't allow a few ordres...