Sort price+shipping column

The price+shipping column is useful when trying to find a good price. One thing that could be improved about it is have a sort option. This would make it easier to navigate rather than scrolling through 5 pages. If anyone likes this idea please support.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It would also be helpful from an interface standpoint if the up/down arrows were in closer, non-ambiguous proximity to the head for which they sort.
  • If you agree with me mfav then could you consider voting for this idea.
  • I remember requesting that years ago (it would certainly place my store in better standing as our shipping costs run lower than most stores) but it did not happen. I am certainly upvoting!
  • Thanks so much for the support, tell your friends and family to vote for this idea too. :)
  • We probably do need to post some thoughts on how to handle stores that are "request a quote" only, and for those browsing that are not logged in (so the system doesn't know the user address, so doesn't know what shipping costs to post).

1. For those not logged in, I propose that column either doesn't display at all or is blank.
    2. For those that have the item set to "request a quote" only, I propose the field is blank or displays RFQ. In sorting by that column, that would display first or last.

Thoughts?
  • I’ll start another voting poll for the request a shipping quote so we can do something about it.
  • Great idea, thank you so much, @Greatgrandpa !
  • > We probably do need to post some thoughts on how to handle stores that are "request a quote" only, and for those browsing that are not logged in (so the system doesn't know the user address, so doesn't know what shipping costs to post).

Yes to both. It’s going to be difficult to show a number when RAQ is turned on. It’s also going to be difficult to show a number, when individual numbers for individual items are available, but the consolidated volume/weight of an order trips into RAQ.

This is a suggestion that has some merit, but only if BO can give sellers shipping parameters that handle all situations. At the rate that USPS is thinking up new charges, that may be a moving target.
This discussion has been closed.