Remove minimum order feature

Minimum orders are very very annoying. Why pay an extra $4 when all you want is one piece? I hope this change is made because I don’t want to waste so much money. I would be very grateful if you support my suggestion.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited July 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The main reason some sellers have minimum orders is to avoid selling at a loss – the fixed PayPal fee that the seller pays may be much higher than the price of the one piece you want. Now, THAT is very, very annoying. :)
  • hi greatgrandpa just noticed you are in OZ we are a OZ seller that has a NO MIN buy here may be worth a look to see if we can help you.
  • Exactly as Pikka said. We have a $5 minimum buy, because once you account for the time to create the packing slip, pull and pack the order, then print and apply the label, any orders under $5 would most likely be a loss for us. It's a necessity, especially for us who do this as a full time business and not as a hobby.
  • I have no minimum order simply because I remember having to buy extra parts which I didn’t want just to get the few I did. It’s just a matter of choice but I do offer no minimum buy 😊😊
  • I guess you all make a good point, but some stores I’ve seen have a minimum order of around $100. That’s just unnecessary.
  • Wow $100 is interesting... I suspect those stores are focusing on the big MOCers or set sales only. I have no minimum (I only ship to US, sorry!) for the same reasons as WestieKath - I part out buys for myself and had the same struggle with minimum buys for that last missing part I needed.

Conversely though, this is not my livelihood that pays my bills - this is my hobby for charity and to offset my personal LEGO buys. If it was my livelihood I may very well consider minimum buys also, because time is money and the fees are really rough on the sellers on all the platforms between the platform %, the payment provider % (e.g., PayPal), time to clean/sort/list/inventory/pull/pack and so on.
  • Some of those stores with the $100 minimum order are kinda sketchy but they’re only about 3 of the hundreds of stores I’ve looked at. Some minimum buys aren’t that crazy (about $2) so I’d buy some extra parts to make up that money. Anyway I do agree with people who have a minimum order that isn’t to high because of all the PayPal fees and such.
This discussion has been closed.