API inventory/changed flag or timestamp

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for adding weight and reserved, really appriciated!

I've another request that would really help:

My sync app compares inventory to see if there are any new, updated, or deleted lots. I have sellers that have a huge number of lots, and downloading their inventory and finding out nothing has changed is just a waste of time, processing power and bandwidth.

Would it be possible to add an API endpoint that I can query that tells me when inventory was last changed (including deleting of lots, and every other edit action).

For example

GET https://api.brickowl.com/v1/inventory/changed
{
"changed": 1657286252
}

Any variant of this would be fine, as long as it includes any change made to inventory.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Erwin

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just found "last_inventory_update": "1658429782", in /user/details endpoint, I think this is exactly what I need.
  • Did some testing, the value doesn't update when lots are manually deleted, so I can't use this, my request stands :)
  • edited July 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    To clarify:

I need this same value, but it also needs to be updated when a lot is deleted from inventory.

InSpaceSync is multi-directional, meaning you can make changes to inventory anywhere and it will sync them. The app downloads a store's full inventory from BrickOwl and compares it to a previous snapshot, it detects the changes made and merges them into master inventory and then updates other marketplaces when needed.

Having this "last_inventory_update" value with deleted, means that I don't have to download and compare inventory anymore, I could just check this value to see if I need to do a full check or not.

This will make my app quicker, and save bandwidth and processing power on BO side.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Demo:
  • That should now be updated, so the last_inventory_update will include lot deletion
  • Thank you! I will verify this change and add it to sync :)
This discussion has been closed.