Store suspended for bypassing processing

So I finally passed 10 orders but its been taking 4 months due to the only option available is PayPal.

With other sites I already have almost 100 orders when starting the same date. I also have gotten a lot of personal messages to support IBAN or why I have no other options. In person or through BrickOwl messsages. So I thought I would go to BrickOwl to ask for additional Shipping Methodes and explain my situation.

Withouth any warning, they just suspended my store for bypassing processing.

I am really sad by this decission as the whole point was to expand in BrickOwl and focus on a very good service with the customers I have. But instead of a dialogue, they have just suspended my store. I have not received any reply on my original request or how long the suspension will be

Please help on what I could do... Thank you for your awnsers.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It may have something to do with saying you charge an additional fee to use PayPal. Pretty sure that is illegal in just about every country and against Brick Owl's terms. I'm actually not sure on that part, but its a pretty shaddy thing to do. Transaction fees should be included in the cost of your parts not as an extra fee.
  • I used the same terms on other site but have stepped away from this as I learned more going on. I will remove this and the mention of my IBAN number just to be safe. So good points. Just sad it takes them my own email with help to do this. As it was already there since 4 months.
  • I think you can message them to explain your misunderstanding of the site's terms, demonstrate you've resolved it, and ask to be considered for reinstatement? They're super cool over here so long as we're all legally compliant. :-) They DO offer more than PayPal here though (I personally only use PayPal which suits me fine in the US, but there are other methods available, e.g., STRIPE).
  • You need to remove your bank details from your store's home page. The restrictions about what payment methods a new store can offer are there to protect other Brick Owl users, and are very similar to other marketplaces. Your casual disregard for them is a massive red flag.
  • Also, the following statement:

"If you choose not insured shipping option, they will be shipped at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss or damage."

is unenforceable against EU consumers. Insurance protects the seller only, as legally speaking, you have not fulfilled the sales contract if the consumer doesn't receive what they paid for.

I'm not nit-picking, only trying to help you resolve whatever the issue may be.
  • Thank you for the information. But this is much stricter compared to other sites 20 orders VS 10 feedbacks + PayPal VS Stipe and PayPal, personally. And the problem is here, only PayPal, so no orders due to only having PayPal. So getting to 10 got me 4 months. With more than 10 People asking me for other options.
  • It doesn't matter, as a new seller you need to build a reputation within the bounds set by the site. Circumventing those bounds is unlikely to smooth your progress here.

Having a link to your BL store on your BO home page in unlikely to help. :)

You should sort these issues out and then contact Admin to see what else is required before you can re-open your store.
  • Thanks Hoddie for the feedback!
  • Blaming Brickowl in the first line of your intro won't help either. You really are not doing yourself any favours. You signed up here, follow the rules and processes which work for the rest of us and you should get along fine. Bypassing rules or criticising the site won't help.

"We are a new store focusing only on new LEGO pieces. Currently we can only offer PayPal at this time due to BrickOwls limitation."
  • I want to be very transparent and lower the amount of questions I get from BrickOwl users why I don't allow IBAN and basically support a payment methods they do not have. I think making it clear that is a limitation of BrickOwl is transparant and clear towards the buyer. I will be looking forward once I can allow other methods.

I want to support IBAN payments or other kind of payments. But currently this is limited only to PayPal as indeed what is their policy.

I am informing the user of the rules.

I am all for positive critisms and I think I was very friendly towards support of BrickOwl to express my concerns and idea to help me grow and the site and why it is currently going to slow compared to other similar sites. I do hope they appreciate such feedback and positive critisms. Because I do want to help out builders, communities and other hobbyist and there is always room toe improve.

I will be abiding by the rules they want. I did make mistakes in my terms. They we're just copied over from BL and forgot to make changes. So grateful for People to Point this out.
  • Maybe it is a good idea to set up stripe, if you don't have that yet.
    As far as I can tell you should be able to use it as it is an instant payment option.
    With that you have the option to allow a few extra payment options that are used in Europe (iDeal, Bank Sofort).
    Perhaps that will help get some extra orders.

And maybe take a look at your pricing. Some items seem to be expensive compared to others (and history average).

Last but not least, remember that BrickOwl is a bit smaller than Bricklink, so getting orders here is a bit harder than on BL. It is not (only) the lack of the IBAN option that you have less orders here.
  • edited June 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have Stripe set-up but only available after 20 orders. So still only PayPal available. Which is what my feedback was towards BrickOwl.

Pricing is same as other platforms, 6 month average and since yesterday had a 10 procent sale. So no issues in getting orders there. Where the orders reaching 100 :).

Yeah I get the site is smaller. It just I get a lot of questions of request to pay by IBAN through messages. I had more messages to support IBAN then amount of orders. My reasoning to contact BrickOwl with this information and see where they could help out.
  • But thanks BasKrie, once the store is unsuspended I will see to have a look at pricing in my inventory and maybe see if we can lower them more to get some of the initial orders.
  • Funny how these things can be so different. I just looked at my numbers for the first 4 months.
    Only 11% is done via IBAN, and 71% with PayPal.

You wonder what your store has that drives people wanting to pay by IBAN instead of PayPal.
    Or what drives buyers without PayPal to your store :)
  • Lol, wish I knew why that is. Maybe it is because I have more local customers interested. Anyways. I hope they answer soon to my fixes and open question.

Hope they reply soon with more feedback and hopefully unsuspend the store.