Amount of active carts

As we have talked about earlier that we all seem to be in a slow period of selling.
I am just wondering how others have "traffic" on their "active carts"

My shop is not that big, and i mostly sell sets. But at the moment i have 12 active carts and just find this strange, since none of these are being bought. This must mean that i have something in my shop that people want :-P
But why is no one buying then?

So my question is more a curiosity to other shop owners, how many active carts do you have? And is it just normal for buyers to have active carts in stores but not buying ?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My store is a small one but I think I usually have active carts in my store, I don't take a huge amount of notice of it but I don't remember ever seeing it at 0, not since I opened anyway. Obviously I have no idea how many of them translate into actual orders but I think I read somewhere in the forum that they get removed after a period of time? (I may've made that up). Currently I have one active cart and my orders have slowed to a trickle, but before the forum started to discuss a slow down I had put that down to increasing my prices.

As with everything, if you give people the option to use something they will use it in a way that suits them, which is not necessarily the same as everyone else. As a buyer I don't tend to keep active store carts for very long, I either buy them or empty them, but I also can't say I've never forgotten about items in a store cart and left them sitting for a while.
  • edited April 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Our store is a medium-sized one (350K parts and 12K active lots) and currently we have 37 active carts. This number grows and shrinks in waves, but I don't remember seeing it fall bellow 20. Last year it slowly grew to 80 but then continued downwards to where we are now. Nevertheless, the sales have been pretty steady all that time, so it seems that active carts number has a life of its own.
  • @Mrs Swoop you are right, i think it is about a week or something, then it gets deleted from the counter.

But with you two writing about it, i am glad i am not alone.
  • edited April 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I don't think carts expire that quickly. I've just checked and we have a few forgotten store carts still active, the oldest one being from January. This was a good reminder to delete them :)
  • they only "disappear" from the shops, active carts total.
    But as a buyer you will have the shopping carts forever i think :-)
  • I've currently got seven. Again, I'm not a big store and occasionally it's been less - I've had it down to two (and zero when I've shut the store), and I have a dim recollection of it going over 30 at one point, but generally I'd expect mine to be between 10-20.
  • My historical best has been in the low teens. I'm currently at four. For reference, my store is on the smaller side, just under 70K pieces.

A question that I've always had: if the active cart actually turns into a sale, is that cart removed from the store's "Active Cart" counter? I got a teeny-tiny sale yesterday. Is that sale one of the four active carts that shows in my counter right now?
  • I would think it will go away. Since it is not an active cart anymore.
  • Info
    This is an indicator of how many customers have started to put items into their cart in your store over the past seven days.

…If you click on or hover a mouse cursor over “Active Carts”, the above is the message that appears.🙂
  • I am new to selling I have just over 7k parts and and just over 1.3 k lots. And have 30 active carts. Was at 32 but have had two orders.