Buyer wants to circumvent minimum order value... Possible without creating problems/breaking rules?

Hello fellow sellers, I have a customer who wishes to buy a very small order that does not meet my minimum order value of $2.00. They have indicated they are willing to pay $2.00 for their order although the parts they actually want add up to less than that. I do not know of anyway to accommodate this request other than by asking them to order something that brings the order up to or over the $2.00 minimum, and then to refund them the difference without actually removing the extra parts from their order, but also not sending them those parts... However this seems sketchy to me and would potentially leave me open to a complaint that they didn't receive all the parts on their order, even though this was by their request. So... just wondering if you've encountered this sort of request before, and how you've handled it, and whether this would break rules here on Brick Owl (which I don't want to do). Should I advise them to just try to find a seller who has the parts they need and doesn't have a minimum order value? Thank you!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The other site has a way to use a bypass password that can be used to circumvent your order policies. As far as I know BO does not have that. Personally, I would tell them they need to order $2 worth of parts.
  • You could make an extra inventory item, reserve that for this seller and set it to Force Quote. And give it a price of $2.00
    Or if you know what they are ordering, set the price so it will total the $2.00 with the other items, Force Quote is not necessary that way.
    The item should be something that they want to order.

This way, they get what they want, BO gets the fee and you get $2.00 and there is no extra item that can't be shipped :)
    As far as I can tell, no breaking rules or a buyer not receiving all parts.
  • I've had someone ask that before; just put the price of they want to order at $2.
  • @ladyiolanthe, you could also sync an order "time" with the buyer, and temporarily turn off your order minimum while they place their order, and then turn it back on - that is the way I would do it. If another order sneaks in during that, it's not the end of the world? Just another idea!