Feature to slow down fresh rebrickable clients

Just had a customer who wanted to order a custom rebrickable brickheadz figure.
He complained that my order was incomplete ( he expected to get 100% of the parts list of rebrickable ) and does not grasp the concept that brickowl is another platform, and probability is high he needed to order from multiple shops.

Now he wants to send back all items ( 61 lots - aarrgh ) even when I suggested to help him and place a single order to complete the model in another shop for him, but he does not want to pay for this.

I cannot understand this person is a medical doctor. And I don't know how he got hold of my phone number either, probably he made misuse of GDPR to look up my data in government register.
He is already paypal threatening me that he wants his money back the moment the package is returned to me.

So please, a feature that can slow down newbies ( e.g. account age on brickowl needs to be x hours/days to be able to order through affiliate ) would be something I like to see :)

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm not sure how account age would reflect understanding of how rebrickable lists work to buyers? If someone doesn't understand the purchase process properly, a 1 month old account wouldn't be any more benefit than a 1 hour old account surely?
  • maybe if they need to create a brickowl account before being able to order through rebrickable ? I am not familiar with the process must admit, but I take it the brickowl account gets auto-generated ? Of course could be extremely ill will this customer had too. :)
  • @brickopolis When you land on a new site, you just fill in all the fields, so I don’t think it is auto-generated so much, as ‘just another site to buy from’
  • Sounds like terrible bad luck. I've bought via Rebrickable and it's very straight forward. It's clear what you're buying when you click through the links, so this buyer is either trying it on or has done a terrible job of paying even a little attention to the process.
  • I understand the annoyance of scammers and the similar, but this is an incredibly rare circumstance. I don't we need to be implementing more restrictions based simply on the very rare cases. It makes it harder and more annoying for the honest customers. If this was a regular occurrence you'd have a point; but this is the first I've heard of this happen.
  • Bad luck, reminds me of a customer that ordered via Rebrickable and complained I didn't send the instructions - I didn't even know what he was building. Turned out that I was only one of four shops he ordered from to make the model, but for some reason thought I would supply instructions! You can't argue with stupid. I just offered full refund when parts were returned - they never were. Never heard again.
  • I have never heard of this happening, and am so sorry you are having to go through this, @brickopolis! I do agree with what folks here have said - this seems incredibly rare (again, first I've heard of this thousands of individual sales in), and folks like Firestar246 have been sellers for numerous years with likely tens of thousands of sales (heck, I bought from them years ago on BL - by the way, thank you for helping me part out the UCS MF all those years ago, Firestar! <s>).

It was just terrible, awful luck you got a customer who did not take the less than a minute on RB to actually understand how parting out a set works. :-(

It is a very great shame that they are not accepting responsibility for their lack of understanding though. :-(
This discussion has been closed.