What happens when you place an order and you receive numerous errors on order?

What happens when you receive an order with numerous shortages, items ordered missing, wrong colours sent etc?

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Contact the seller and let them know about the issues.
  • edited March 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Be straightforward, express remorse, admit responsibility, and make amends.
    Let the buyer know he can choose replacement items, get a partial refund for the missing ones or cancel the order altogether. Some sellers offer discount coupons for the next purchase, but that shouldn't be the only solution. We always offer the buyer to choose replacement items that are double (or even triple) the value of the missing ones.
  • As a seller admit to your errors and deal generously in correcting them.

As a buyer you need to accept that sellers are dealing with several thousand lots and many thousand items so errors in availability and listing are inevitable. Expect the seller to correct the error, but be polite and give them time to do so.
  • edited March 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Green Pirate Sorry, I misunderstood that YOU are the seller.
  • @green pirate, I can see having more than a single error on very large orders, e.g., over 100 lots, but seeing all of that in a single smaller order is a deep bummer. Objectively, it could be a newer seller just learning, but it could also be a wildly careless seller which reflects negatively on all of us at BO.

I would certainly ALWAYS reach out to the seller to start and give them a fair opportunity to make things right with you (I've been where you are as a buyer - SUPER frustrating!); if you do not receive a reasonable response (recompense plus shipping costs, replacement, etc.) within a reasonable amount of time, you can escalate to site admin using the Issue Report form on your order screen.

The great news is that 99% of sellers here simply make honest mistakes (goodness knows I had some serious color listing screw-ups when I first started in 2018) and will unhesitatingly make it right for you while learning from the experience, doing far better in the future! :-)
  • As a new seller I understand your problems because I have difficulty with the Browns and the blues. Would like to know if anyone knows where it is possible to buy a colour chart from Lego giving all their colours.
  • @Neiljones You should build your own color chart. That's what most sellers do. Try to buy off reputable sellers, this will ensure the correct colors.
  • @Neiljones, I think there's a thread here somewhere talking about how sellers build themselves a color chart using 1x1 plates (which cover almost or every conceivable color save a few of the more unusual Bionicle ones). :-)
  • @Green Pirate , have you heard back from your seller yet? If you do not hear back in a reasonable amount of time (at least several working days), you can be super nice and try once more, and failing that, then file an issue report with BO to attempt to get resolution (I believe the pulldown menu on your order screen offers that as an option). GL!
  • @ leopard37 thank you for your input. It is much appreciated
  • @Neiljones This online colour chart that someone put together might be a good jumping off point for creating your own colour chart, too. If you click on the colour swatch, it actually takes you to photos of various bricks in that colour - however, as usual, the swatches and photos may not be perfect references due to monitor settings, camera and computer monitor make and model differences, etc. http://ryanhowerter.net/colors.php
  • @ladyiolanthe Thanks for your message. As for mistakes to an order I just sent an order and sent the wrong colour. No shortage’s. I just offered the buyer a refund or 15% off their next order.