How can an AFOL bulk-convert Element Ids to BOIDs?

Hi there, I'm trying to reconcile the parts list from a model I've created in BrickLink Studio (exported as a Parts List CSV, which contains ElementId & LdrawId fields) with my order item history downloaded from BrickOwl as brickowl_order_items.csv (which only contains BOID).

My model contains ~100 distinct types of Lego piece, so the Parts List CSV contains 100 different Element ids. I've ordered these parts from 10 different stores on BrickOwl, some of which are a bit slower to ship than others - I've received the delivery from most but not all of the stores yet. I'd like to understand what bricks are still missing from my model, so I can decide what sub-models I can usefully start building now. I can use a Google spreadsheet easily enough to understand how many of each BOID I now have, but when I want to compare that to the BrickLink Studio Parts List CSV, I'm faced with a manual job of once translating all those Element Ids into BOIDs, which I'd really prefer to automate.

I'm an AFOL, not a store owner, and so I don't seem to have access to the https://api.brickowl.com/v1/catalog/list API endpoint that I'm guessing might provide the info I'm after.

I'd love to see BrickOwl upload a boid-element-ids.csv file on a nightly job to some public S3 bucket, so I can import that into my speadsheet. Or alternatively, if Element ids could be an included field in brickowl_order_items.csv.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello! Your project sounds super-fun!

First, I'd suggest using the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page, and ask BO admin if they have a workaround to recommend... there may be a way to do this that I'm not conversant in as a seller vs. a MOCer. :-) I know there are certainly API downloads available using say Postman, so perhaps there are also API uploads that offer additional fields beyond what the BO user interface offers (fingers crossed, I've never used it for that).

I know when I am parting out large sets, I like to use the old Brickstock/Brickstore (free software - Google it) - which you may be able to import your .csv into by first saving it as an .xml format. Similarly, I end up buying from so many different sellers and sources, I like to use the comment field in that to keep track of what is in and what is pending... maybe something like that could help??

Good luck to you, and I hope you're in a position to start bricking ASAP!! :-)
  • You @rtyley might want to start with Rebrickable.com to download your MOCs, then parts on hand… and then order and reconcile missing using the feature for labelling different parts lists you create and the API here and elsewhere. Lots of function on there. Might interface better with buys off of wishlists…