Computer generated image contributions

I was wondering if we are allowed to use rendered images as catalog contributions or must we only take photos of physical lego. I was thinking for example if there is a lego set with no image and i can get the instructions for that set could i build it digitally (on studio or LDD for example) and then create an image as accurate to the real set as i can?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The guidelines here don't make mention of such methods one way or the other, only that the picture should be taken by you, or be an official LEGO image (although I'm a little hazy on copyright versus open licence on this count, it seems that some submissions are clearly from inventory pages, either physical scans or taken from the digital version). I think there are existing digital renders of parts and Minifigures on the site already, and while I suspect ideally a picture of the actual item or set is preferable, perhaps a digital render, especially of a set, is better than box or instruction artwork. Maybe drop a line to admin first for clarification - no point in wasting time if they will be rejected.
  • thanks for the fast reply. I also realized that for the pictures to be accurate enough to be accepted i would also need to include stickered parts and accurate minifigures which is quite a lengthy process on digital software, so its probably not worth the effort