Day 2 of shipping "nightmare"

This new integration of PayPal/Shipstation is an absolute nightmare. 6 orders took 40 mins to buy and print labels - should have been 10 mins the old way.

Are there any other options?

Thanks

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I see this come up in Facebook groups all the time - a common suggestion is Pirate Ship.
  • I use Pirate Ship. (along with my 1% cash back PP credit card) and it works great. Also will print on any thermal printers you might have.
  • Hmmm... I was transitioned into ShipStation in January. While I don't find it nearly as easy as before, I haven't actually had any problems beyond having to reload/refresh the screen to have it show more recent orders. I do tho only print one order label at a time, which takes a minute or less... maybe that is the difference?
  • Looking at Pirate Ship after I created account. Doesn't look like there's a way to pull name address from either site or PayPal?, at least ship station does that.
    Need to find something quick and easy... like it used to be!
  • edited March 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Graham BO has a button you can click to copy the entire shipping address. Pirate Ship has a field you can open to paste that entire address. They then parse the lines. You still have to enter the package dimensions, weight, etc.
  • @nita_rae

Thanks! learned something new!
  • You can also set up package templates for sizes/weights you commonly use so you don't have to enter the details each time.
  • Hi what is shipstation exactly?
  • @unbrickable its what PayPal use now in the US
  • @unbrickable ShipStation is PayPal's (integrated) replacement for Pitney Bowes. There is no requirement that you make use of it. PayPal only requires that you supply a tracking number on the transaction and (if needed) prove to them what address it shipped to.

Pirate Ship uses Pitney Bowes.
  • I was finally moved over to Ship Station a little over a week ago. I have had 0 issues. Maybe it goes a little slower, but not enough to complain about. You do have to watch the shipping costs because it shows the Media Mail cost firs. Its usually the cheapest. Other than that, its worked fine for me.