Is it possible to sell minifigs not in catalog yet?

I have some copies of 75326 - Boba Fett's Throne Room, and I want to sell the minifigs. The inventory isn't in BO yet, and it looks like I can't help with that. 6 of the 7 figs are therefore not in the catalog at all. Is there any way to sell the figs on BO?

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @CodeSoka that doesn't address my question at all - that's how to add a minifgure assembly *after* all the parts are in the catalog. I'm saying none of the requisite parts are in the catalog yet.

And there's a note in set 75236 saying that BrickOwl populates the set inventory automatically from Lego.com, so there doesn't appear to be a way for me to manually add new parts that are in the set.

It's a bit ridiculous - Lego says the set releases March 1 but it's on sale in stores right now and I have it in front of me. I'm stuck trying to sell figs on other platforms when I'd prefer to sell the figs here, and the vast majority of parts are just sitting in bags waiting for an inventory, when I have the manual in front of me with official inventories already.

My question is: is there anything I can do to speed up the process of getting these parts into the BrickOwl catalog?
  • Usually the parts inventory would be added automatically, so I'd guess the earlier than official release has caused issues. You could wait for this to happen (which sounds like it could be a while), or you could manually add inventory using the instructions as your source. The only problem that I can foresee with this is whether BO will then subsequently 'ignore' the official inventory upload later down the line if it acknowledges one inputted by yourself. Might be worth dropping a line to admin to clarify before spending time on it.
  • Agreed, I would use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page and ask for admin's recommendation. :-)
  • @Bricklanta My apologies, just reread your second post (properly this time!) where you indicate that you may have already tried manually adding parts. I haven't tried adding a part to the inventory, so I assume the message appears when you try to submit something, but my original suggestion of contacting admin still stands. The issue may be the official release date. Could it be that LEGO's release of the inventory to BO is following the correct timeline (ie, not available until 1st March at the earliest), despite some retailers already selling it? Because BO 'knows' it's going to get an official inventory, it's automatically preventing a manual input?
  • Trying not to drift off topic too much ... TLG probably does not want to see minifigs for sale online before the official release date. They have limited ability to prevent resellers from doing what they want to, but as to official information, that is entirely within their purview.

Offering them before the release date ... does that really provide that much pricing advantage ?
  • edited February 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ah no I haven't tried added parts yet. Not sure if I can or not. I did make an Excel file with all the PCCs just in case. I also emailed brickowl.com earlier today so I'm waiting on a response. Ready to upload the set inventory if they'll take it
  • @Bricklanta I am sorry that my answer didn't help you. I guess I just didn't fully understand the question.
  • @CodeSoka no wirries - I just hadn't explained fully.
  • The set page now allows creating the inventory, but only using the lookup feature - does anyone know how to upload a csv or xml file to create a set inventory? I haven't heard back on email yet
  • @nita_rae I would say not necessarily pricing advantage, but the earlier I can sell them, the less competition there will be. If I wait a month, lots of people who want the figs will already have them and there will be an order of magnitude more people selling them.

Also the boxes are big and they're taking up space in my work area and I'd like to process them to get them out of my way :)
  • @Bricklanta I did reply to your email yesterday with "For inventories for new sets, generally we prefer to wait for the Lego inventories. In the past when users have submitted inventories it’s resulted in errors which are then difficult to correct."
  • Thanks @Lawrence. For whatever reason it went to spam so I see it now.